What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image Makeover

Parinaa

I have to say, your words are really harsh...

First of all, how should I know that she is of northern European descent?!

Second, Believe me there are a lot of people with this very skin color, I've seen enough people with that skin. before posting the result on this forum, I even asked many for their opinion whether this skin tone is realistic or not.

Finally, I think you should know that changing back settings (lighting, skin,...) someone changed in an image editing program (Photoshop or Portrait-Professional) is a VERY VERY difficult task. I never claimed that I'm great at this, so I don't really see your point?! The starting point from what I did in the first post was COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

I didn't change back her skin color or shadows someone had changed with photoshop, I changed the form of her lips/cheeks, eye and hair color and just made minor adjustments on her skin tone

So you said, you sent me a similar starting pic, I never even thought that I had to change shadows and lightings.... your pic was anything but a similar starting pic!

PS: what do you mean by <"supposed" retouching result>, that's really sad, that you still don't want to believe that it's really a retouch AFTER a posted another pic of that girl....

Last edited:

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
I will say...she needed the makeover IMHO. You did a beautiful job. I love the skin tone. The only thing that strikes me wrong are those lips..granted..an improvement over the before image but her upper lip still needs some work I think.

Tom Mann...I ain't believing you spotted that little thing! How does your wife stand you? :banghead:

Tom Mann

Guru
@Larry - Fortunately, my wife has absolutely no trouble with me being a nitpicker. LOL! However, my students are another matter -- One day I was waiting for an elevator, right around the corner from two of them who were talking about me. One said to the other, "How the h#ll could he possibly have known that I copied that stuff from an old report?" ;-)

T

Tom Mann

Guru
@OP - It occurred to me that there is one possible reason for the difference in how we are seeing the colors in your tweaked version of my image. I am looking at it on a hardware calibrated wide gamut monitor. This magnifies even the smallest problems in color or tonality, and this is exactly what I want to happen when I'm doing critical photo editing. In contrast, if I look at this image on any of several middle-of-the road office monitors, my laptop, or my iPhone or iPad, the problems with it are much less obvious.

T

Parinaa

@Tom Mann: yes, that may be the reason

@ALB68: Thank you for your feedback, and you are absolutely right, I was not really satisfied with the form of her lips either. I will make a new version, and upload it there

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
I'll look forward to seeing it. Thanks for reply.
@Tom Mann: yes, that may be the reason

@ALB68: Thank you for your feedback, and you are absolutely right, I was not really satisfied with the form of her lips either. I will make a new version, and upload it there