What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoration of a rusty Truck

Yep. That is a tough task you threw out chris. How would you feel about changing the color of it?

Larry, it wouldn't solve the problem of getting a glossy surface of the bodywork. So please don't change the color.

The only way to get a good result is what cringer and Tom Mann suggested in their posts.

egosbar

Guru
its way harder then i first thought which is why i gave it a crack and googled everything to try to find a way but i couldnt find one which for photoshop is unusual because there is normally a lot of ways to do something

the only thing im thinking of now is using dispacement somehow using the paint of a new car the same color then cloning but ive only done one displacement image and really dont understand it enough

obviously its not easy or it would of been done , none of the images so far would satisfy me , ill be keeping an eye on this one too see if someone comes up with a solution , this is exactly why i check this forum every day

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Another one.
TruckRestoration3.jpg

ALB68

Topaz filter-Adjust, Smooth and Flat. Then I did a Selective Color adjustment on the whites and the cyan within I think. Basically it, except I desaturated the background pipes and all. After the white adjustment. my windshield and side window was too white, so I did a brightness adjustment to darker and it brought the details back you can see through the windshield.
very good , how did you do this , can you share the psd

Last edited:

ALB68

Don't look like the same vehicle to me. The rear doesn't seem to match.
Thanks Paul...Wow, that's what I call glossy!!! The back part of the truck is just perfect.
As cringer said: the best effort so far.

Paul

Former Member
I see you have the same 'force' as i Chris:mrgreen:

ALB68

I thought is was supposed to be the same truck!! :banghead: