What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying Retouch Again

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
I have gotten off on to making the paintings I have been posting but I have continued to try and observe and learn other things. I have posted some really bad re-touches in the past but continue to try and improve. Here is one I just finished. I hope I didn't get the teeth too white or the eyes. I tried to be cognoscente of both, tell me what you think of this effort please.
Edit: oops, I meant to tone down the eye shadow, don't beat me up too bad on that.
Retouch.png
Before
Retouch before.png

Last edited:

iDad

Guru
I like to beat up when I can:mrgreen:..... okay seriously
Your selection process needs refining. Look at the pearl necklace after image, and the neck area behind the hair on her right side…. all in all not bad but those things jumped right out of me immediately

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Larry, is this done with Topaz?

This is very odd.........I think this is what iPop was referring to.....

Retouch01.png

Hoogle

Guru
watch the teeth i have never known a girl say i wish i had green teeth.

yor shadows need working on she has lost her eye sparkle

less is more in picture touch ups it is easy to get carried away and you sort of loose track of what your doing I like to stop every 10 - 15 mins take a break and come back to them with fresh eyes your bound to notice something you didnt before.

Parinaa

Hi ALB68,

as a girl I'd like to give you some tipps when doing the makeup

*)It would look much better if you blended the eyeshadow, it shouldn't be so well defined and marked off
*)Blush: It would look better, if you applied the blush a little bit higher

I don't want to criticize you at all, I know it must be really difficult for men applying makeup on someone in PS when you don't do it in real life

and for my taste the teeth got a little bit too white :mrgreen:

I'm looking forward to seeing more retouches of you

Last edited:

ALB68

No Topaz I worked on her neck trying to bring the skin tone closer to her face. I think I made a selection then a layer to blend. Didn't see it. Selection must have been off, like Idad said. I misinterpreted what he meant. Should have looked closer. Thanks for your good critique.
Larry, is this done with Topaz?

This is very odd.........I think this is what iPop was referring to.....

View attachment 35313

ALB68

What???? all southern redneck girls want green teeth...no? Wait..where are u from?
Parinaa said they were too white!!! Read the original post boys and girls. I burned them a bit and your right when I went and sampled the color it is toward green a bit.
watch the teeth i have never known a girl say i wish i had green teeth.

yor shadows need working on she has lost her eye sparkle

less is more in picture touch ups it is easy to get carried away and you sort of loose track of what your doing I like to stop every 10 - 15 mins take a break and come back to them with fresh eyes your bound to notice something you didnt before.

iDad

Guru
No Topaz I worked on her neck trying to bring the skin tone closer to her face. I think I made a selection then a layer to blend. Didn't see it. Selection must have been off, like Idad said. I misinterpreted what he meant. Should have looked closer. Thanks for your good critique.

Yep, that's what I meant. Who's your daddy:mrgreen::rofl:

ALB68

Yep, that's what I meant. Who's your daddy:mrgreen::rofl:

I should have checked it before sending to the graphic police station!!! :banghead:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

iDad

Guru
zoom is your friend ;)

Jessicayla

Hoopy Frood
Honestly, I think the original looks better. The whole image is a lot darker now and it loses quality - it's really grainy now. The whole area around the eyes is too dark and her skin is too orange.

I was going to say I'm glad you shortened the eyelashes but it looks like the bottom eyelashes in the original were photoshopped in, hehe.

All in all, not a bad try. I think less is more when it comes to retouching though. It can so easily be unnatural looking.

ALB68

Haha ENOUGH! I'm back to painting! (By the way Jess. I didn't shorten her eyelashes,she's wearin a set from a PS brush)

ALB68

:rofl: reply of the day for me ALB:thumbsup:

Awww..go back to tying those wallabees down or chasing them rues around or whatever ya do down there! :cool:

iDad

Guru
That's called spanking a mod :rofl:

iDad

Guru
I've been marked since I joined ..... It's all in the cards and how you play em:mrgreen:....... If anybody knows that ,You DO:thumbsup: