What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

one for my daughter

egosbar

Guru
no internet for a week , my daughter wanted too learn photography so i gave her one of my old cameras, i pointed out the blown highlites , terrible backround choice etc , havent got her into photoshop yet but hopefully one day, done this one for her with the stocks used because i couldnt get on the net i had too go through some of my old ones , had too fix up the blown areas with the clone tool and left a bit of blown areas for effect

Attachments

• DSCF1153.jpg
    DSCF1153.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 83
  • The_Reaper_by_Cosmas.jpg
    The_Reaper_by_Cosmas.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 87
  • nell web.jpg
    nell web.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 85
  • nell web yellow filter.jpg
    nell web yellow filter.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Impressive, I have a suggestion, the background image has a yellow glow. Perhaps adding a photo filter with a yellow tint to it might top that off nicely, but all in all very nice!

I agree with iDad. The dog has more blue. A photo filter on the background, maybe a slight desaturation would work. It is too vivid and distracting from the dog's image.

As for the background image, why didn't you use the grim reaper? :rofl:

Poor little dog! Not only does it have to wear an embarrassing pink dress, but it has some kind of deformity of the mouth. Two tongues!

Screen Shot 2013-10-11 at 8.19.40 AM.png

the top one is the edited version ive added a yellow filter and a little bit of desat , what do you think?

What I meant with photo filter and yellow glow was something like this I only took an oval shape around the dog including the background and added the filter with preserve luminosity on (checked) the lower part of the legs not included so you can see the difference the dog looks to have a shiny coat. it would reflect the glow of the yellow grass and the yellow skies I used the brightest yellow I could find within the image

nell-web-yellow-filter.gif

but it's one of those preference things I tend to get anal about lol:mrgreen:

your image passes the stink test smelling like a rose, I like it
the yellow I added may be a bit too saturated a reduction in percentage of maybe 25% would be probably better....... just thought I'd play around.

Even even the pink dress shows the difference and would

I'm not so fond of the extreme tight crop, I tend to avoid that in my photographs unless it really serves the goals I have with my shot.

Here's a good example of someone who makes good use of a (more extreme) tight crop to create tension:

06.jpg

Looks like they got the corn in, just in time looks like rain:mrgreen:

This is good but two things made me look again.
1. the dog and it's lighting compared to background scenery.
2. Lush green grass in a corn field.
Other than that i like the composition, and the colours sit well, in a perspective sense.

Last edited:
This image is very Wizard of Oz'ish. It could be depicting an alternate story line for the movie whereby the Wicked Witch of the West turns Dorothy in to Toto. Or, the Wiz turns Dorothy in to Toto so she can hide from the witch! Throw in some ruby slippers and the witch flying on a broom and this would be a great piece!

The latest version is better, but I agree with Paul, the lighting is off and you still need to reflect the colors of the BG on the dog.

Sam I want some of what you're on! The psychedelic description of what you're saying seems to be generated with a little help lol

Corn field Paul? I'm from the bread basket in the US Midwest. Never saw corn looking quite like that . . . :rofl:

If you want to put some vivid back in, try around the dog a bit since it is foreground, maybe warm the dog up bit again. But much better. Just a thought.

Corn field Paul? I'm from the bread basket in the US Midwest. Never saw corn looking quite like that . . . :rofl:

If you want to put some vivid back in, try around the dog a bit since it is foreground, maybe warm the dog up bit again. But much better. Just a thought.

Never seen a pumpkin like your avatar either, go figure?

top image is without any filter

ive warmed up the dog a little , done yellow filter and added another one over the top for the third image

which one do you like , im leaning towards image 2

Attachments

• nell without yellow filter.jpg
    nell without yellow filter.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 9
  • nell web yellow filter.jpg
    nell web yellow filter.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 9
  • nell with double yellow filter.jpg
    nell with double yellow filter.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 9

Back