What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asked for a glamour before & after

pepgirlz

Went to a party last weekend and was asked to make a glamour photo for my sister and friend. I took like 8 photos of them and finally used these two. They would not listen to me for posing or anything.{LOL ya that kind of party} Any way this is what I came up with. Not real happy with it but....

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 14
  • marie & Pats.jpg
    marie & Pats.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 8

iDad

Guru
Hmmm,very low resolution, nice job with what you had to work with, keep it up.

Paul

Former Member
Nice job considering the image quality, my biggest gripe would be the womans face on the right, she looks longer in the face now than the original?

I really like what you did.
You smoothed out their skin nicely and applied some make-up. Great glamour job on the eyes too with new eyelashes.

I agree with Paul about the longer faces, but it's a trick I often do myself, when I have to retouch "older ladies". It makes them look younger and they are always pleased with the result.

Tom Mann

Guru
Nice job considering the image quality, my biggest gripe would be the womans face on the right, she looks longer in the face now than the original?
There is a good chance she might actually prefer that. OTOH, there's an equally good chance she will complain that she's been 'shopped ... why did you feel you had to do that to me ... etc. etc. Hell hath no fury like a woman who was (with the best of intentions) 'shopped and doesn't like it.

My rule of thumb is that when slimming someone down this way, never reduce the width to under 96% of the original width. Most people won't know exactly what you did, but will like the result.

T

PS - Nice background.

Tom Mann

Guru
PS - I just zoomed in. The added eyelashes are nice, but a bit too sharp to match the sharpness of the nearby skin. I often think to myself, "OK ... don't go crazy, Tom. Watch out for "cactus eyelashes". LOL.

T

pepgirlz

Thank you for all the replies. I can always count on this forum for honest replies. This was a challenge they gave me, my sister (on left) and her friend from grade school said they wanted way out glamour and didnt think I could do it. The one on right wanted her face changed. She was tough. It was fun. Jean

Inkz

Guru
Splendid work...

You've done a great job joining them together, looks very natural.

And I'm sure the extra shopping lol, will be appreciated.

Nice job.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I was going to say the same thing as Tom regarding the eyelashes; they are too sharp and spaced too far about, like she clumped her mascara!

The elongation of the face doesn't look real either. That is not her natural face shape and I believe the glamourizing could be done without that change.

It does look good overall and I'd say you did a great job and are being too hard on yourself!

Spectrum

Nice composite of the two ladies beside each other, but I have to ask, who is the cute redhead between them?