What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In memory of.

Paul

Former Member
This photo is of a POW named Horace Greasley, He escaped from German war camps over 200 times mostly to try and go see his girlfriend.
Look at his eyes looking over at the German war machines most hated and feared officer Heinrich Himmler.
A man that deserves the shop treatment please, colourise this hero.

Horace.jpg He died a free man at the age of 91:yourock:

MikeMc

McGuru
I love the shot, and IMHO should be done in B&W to show the horror and pride

Paul

Former Member
War was in colour mate, but each to there own.
The idea is to get members trying different things within photoshop/gimp whatever.
But thanks for popping in and at least contributing something.

iDad

Guru
I would salute him!
Horace-hero.png
Here is your color, I think it's a shame to give Nazis anything, never mind wasting time portraying them as colorful humans ..just saying.

PseFrank

I've taken ages with this, and I'm still not happy with it. But I've got to hit the sack soon. And I'll be safe there because of men like Horace.

Horace-700.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not that good and still working on the skin tones.

But here's my sad attempt! A WIP!
Horace_color_01.png

Last edited:

PseFrank

Thanks for the image Chris. I spent ages yesterday looking for the correct colours...I gave up in the finish..

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Chris, I had found a similar photo of the uniforms..............I thought they were boring so I made them blue!
I was waiting for someone to comment!