What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

portrait edit , remove a double chin and enhance _ did it work?

egosbar

Guru
a request too remove a double chin and enhance , i didnt take the photo , the shadow had too go for a start , i know the hairline is a little iffy but ill fix that up if i need too , at the moment it was more about the chin etc

this was the third edit , the first one i just slightly thinned it up and enhanced a little

but you sometimes have too give people what they want so i went all the way and removed it , this was done using cloning and healing , i had a crack at the liquify brush but didnt get it working right, i remember a tutorial on slimming ill have too go back and watch.

Attachments

• YuduSalons-055 web size.jpg
    YuduSalons-055 web size.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 63
  • YuduSalons edit 3 web.jpg
    YuduSalons edit 3 web.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 63

ibclare

Queen Bee
She probably will be pleased. It is realistic, but maybe too much so. If she has any objections, I would suggest that you smooth the neck just a bit. The collar to the skin looks a bit rough too and makes the neck look shorter, like it is wedged to the shoulder some. But be careful about the slimming effect unless you move the cheeks in just a bit. Otherwise the face won't fit the neck structure, IMO. Also, I think it is too bright now and loses detail. Maybe that is just the upload. Can't tell.

Nice job at this point.

Parinaa

Hi egosbar you did a good job. But there is something I have to criticize, it's the part I marked red, her blazer and her neck kind of melt together, you know what I mean?

Removing the double chin was a really difficult task, I uploaded a version too, just wanted to show you what I meant... (didn't retouch anything just removed the double chin)

Attachments

• YuduSalons-edit-3-web.jpg
    YuduSalons-edit-3-web.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 42
  • YuduSalons-055-web-size.jpg
    YuduSalons-055-web-size.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 42

egosbar

Guru
yes i was aware of the shirt collar , i done that bit quickly and told the client i mainly focused on the double chin , its an easy fix so i wasnt worried too much about it

care too share what tools you used

iDad

Guru
It looks to me as though all three of you forgot about texture I only did the bottom half of the circles, looking very closely the smudged areas is just too smooth..
YuduSalons-055-web-size.gif

iDad

Guru
It's all about preference isn't it ;)

Parinaa

iDad your are right and I was absolutely aware of the texture problem when uploading this, but just had little time and therefore could only make adjustments to the neck line. was only a quick edit ;)

Paul

Former Member
I think she looked ok anyway, middle aged spread ain't it:mrgreen:

iDad

Guru
You'd think an Orangutan looked good if it was female, your critique don't count:mrgreen: