What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

first one of a set of six i hope , c and c welcome

egosbar

Guru
havent been on much , been getting back into photography , got 6 pups running around the house at the moment , hoping too get a set of six shots , they are hard too get keepers as they are active but heres the first one

Attachments

• DSCF1364 web copy.jpg
    DSCF1364 web copy.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 57
  • pups web view.jpg
    pups web view.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 57

iDad

Guru
Nice work that'll be interesting to see all six, it would also be a great series of wall hangings.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is good work. A few to many hard edges on the puppy. Needs more blending. The puppy is looks like it's missing an eye.

iDad

Guru
This is good work. A few to many hard edges on the puppy. Needs more blending. The puppy is looks like it's missing an eye.

oh yeah,it is too saturated right in that area isn't it. good eye Sam, I mean bad eye egos lol

Spectrum

The puppy looks like it's edges are semi-transparent. Selections are messy, and the puppy's left ear looks hacked. Needs a lot of clean up work.

egosbar

Guru
the photo was out of focus but i liked the pose so i i was working towards a soft image , a lot of blurring , i wasnt after a clean photo but the eyes were a problem ive added more eyes and here is another one , they are fun too photograph , my photography wasnt the best i was trialing a lot of things with a new camera

Attachments

• pup 1 web.jpg
    pup 1 web.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 40
  • pup 2 web.jpg
    pup 2 web.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

egosbar

Guru
oops just notice i didnt blur the backround with the ground in the b and w area , easy fix though

Spectrum

the photo was out of focus but i liked the pose so i i was working towards a soft image , a lot of blurring , i wasnt after a clean photo but the eyes were a problem ive added more eyes and here is another one , they are fun too photograph , my photography wasnt the best i was trialing a lot of things with a new camera

I wasn't referring to the clarity of the original image, but the selection techniques used. The puppy's edges are both blurred away but hard at the same time. I assume you were trying to create a depth of field blur effect, but in this case it hasn't worked, and the puppy looks hacked at, and almost like a composite. Try a different technique, this one doesn't work.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ego, please believe me, I'm not trying to be mean, but the image of the second set of Puppies (one chewing the others back) is.......not good.

As has been stated, what ever method your using in making your selections is not working. Fur is like hair and it's very hard to isolate. The blurred background effect does not look right in either image. It lacks transition and perspective and looks just thrown in. I'm very uncertain as to why you chose to add the B&W transition.

Paul

Former Member
'Pro's' work in many different ways, they all have their own interpretations on how things should be don't forget.

egosbar

Guru
just trying different techniques as far as composition goes i set out too do a black and white color composition and wanted to focus on the brindle pup , i agree the masking could be better but they are pups and they dont have fur as well defined as a grown dog , the fur in places is close too backround color , i was testing a new camera and a flash which i really didnt need so the photography isnt the best either
i use a variety of techniques for masking only the usual ones , be happy for you too share your thoughts on masking as its a very important and sometimes very hard task too get right , love too see a mask of the image and share your work paths
im happy for critisism mate , i have a thick skin lol

Attachments

• r.jpg
    r.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 1

egosbar

Guru
they are butters breed pig dogs , thier breeding comes from english mastiff , bull terrior , wolfound and great dane
these are some of the best pig dogs you will get , not that i do much pigging , they are my son in laws they just live here at the moment lol

they are only about four or five weeks old , the father is an awesome dog (ive never seen better)and was bred one of his own females

egosbar

Guru
nice arent they , the one thats doing the holding is the one i like and he is keeping her so thats good

Paul

Former Member
Yeah nice straight back and a good stop to the face, should turn out real nice.