What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retouch + Make-Up II

Welcome to the site, enjoy your time here great effort with the make over.

This is one of the best retouching jobs I've seen here. The subtle adjustments to her eyes are just awesome.
In your retouched image this woman looks a lot healthier and doesn't seem to suffer from anorexia anymore.

Agreed, Great work!!

How about posting up a few tips for those of us that are clueless on this type of work ?

Yeah, she looks healthier, but to me that is a result of changing her right eye. I almost like it better -her eye - in the original. The hair you changed is great. That does look a lot healthier. Again, I am not sure how I feel about the eyes. It looks like you duplicated and flipped them and it is unnatural, though by examining them closely, I can see you didn't do that. They just look too symmetrical. The eye makeup is very well done though and the whole make-over gives her some "tude" for sure. If I overlook my own prejudice for the character of her face/eyes in the original, I have only admiration for the results!

Thank you sooo much everyone for your feedback, I truely appreciate it :)

@MikeMc:
I have to say I don't have any specific concept / don't follow any specific rules when doing retouches & makeup together (this is my 4th only)

but there are a few things that I can say
-)I always start with the face (removing dark circles around the eyes, irregularities,....)
-)then , when needed ,I try to correct lighting with few adjustments and/or try to get a better looking skin color
-)then when everything is done, and I do have a good basis, I start with the makeup
(since I'm a woman I think it's a lot easier for me to apply makeup to someone in ps , cause I also do it in everyday life :D therefore it's easier for me to choose the colors for lips/eyes/cheeks/eyebrows...)

(all I used were "native" Ps tools, didn't use any extra plugins...)

I always want the results to be as natural as possible, so I don't overedit the images....

Hi, ibclare, no I didn't copy the left eye and flip it, seriously :D
in the orginal image the white area(below her pupil) of her right eye is bigger than the area of her left eye, so I reduced the white area of her right eye, in order for her eyes to look identical

because of the dark eyemakeup her eyes seem much smaller now, maybe that is the reason why you like her eyes in the original image more?

anyway, but thank you for your critics :)

Last edited:
Holy crap! This is so realistic - I couldn't tell that there was any editing in the after photo. Seriously great job. I personally would have kept her lips the same color, they look a bit light to me. You should definitely post more like this - I'm in awe!

I think her lips look better in the before pic. The lighter shade in the after pic subdues her lips too much. I think if you increase contrast a bit there it would have that "wow" type of impact.

Back