What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

xmas in a basket

egosbar

Guru
c and c welcome

being xmas i was asked by friends to do a xmas card with thier daughter , i started on the idea with the basket and backround and as they both worked i didnt get time until xmas eve too take a photo of their daughter , i had about five minutes of failing light , i had too use on camera flash as my trigger for off camera hadnt turned up , it looks much better bigger as its clearer
i havent added text yet as they need too put what they want

Attachments

• with butterflies web.jpg
    with butterflies web.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF1676 web.jpg
    DSCF1676 web.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 61
  • butterfly2.jpg
    butterfly2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 62
  • hd-colorful web.jpg
    hd-colorful web.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 61
  • The_Joy_Of_Christmas_by_fotocreative web.jpg
    The_Joy_Of_Christmas_by_fotocreative web.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 62
Very nice creation egosbar! With the bird you added an important detail, the girl is looking at it. Cool.

egosbar

Guru
yeah i started with the butterflies too catch her eye but when i put them higher in her eye line they sort of got lost in the darker and busier parts of the backround , i searched a while before i found the blue bird but i think it works now well i also took the shadows from under her eyes and changed color of the back arm

Attachments

• with butterflies and hummingbird web.jpg
    with butterflies and hummingbird web.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

egosbar

Guru
run a blue filter , had another look and noticed the detail in the red dress didnt look right

better or worse ? not just the dress im looking at skin tones etc

Attachments

264.2 KB · Views: 41

ibclare

Queen Bee
That is the cutest (IK, girlie) portrait. I'm glad you ran the filter. I was going to suggest you add some light and maybe even color balance the face which looked very gray. It looks better now. Personally, I would add a bit of gold highlight and pink on the cheeks, but it is so perfect otherwise that I am sure your friends will (or do) love it!

egosbar

Guru
they havent seen it yet , the idea was before xmas but didnt get the shot until xmas eve and they are out of town , im looking too do child fantasy books for some extra cash too buy my nikon d7100 ,added a tiny bit of red and gold too her cheeks, do you think it needs more?

Attachments

266.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

egosbar

Guru
i just calibrated my monitor ( thought id done that but turns out i didnt), i havent done any prints since i started photoshop but ill be moving into that area soon, i adjusted this version too my monitor and taste , can anyone see any major flaws that might be found out when printing?

Attachments

• finished web.jpg
    finished web.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 25