What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Before & After - My cat Tandi

Jessicayla

Hoopy Frood
Hiya guys. Been a while. I've been caught up with my jobs and playing Skyrim. Decided to take a break and edit a photo that I've been wanting to for a while. Caught this one really quickly while I was setting up a rat photo shoot. Tandi was on the ground while the lighting set up was much higher up, so obviously it was underexposed. Nothing photoshop can't fix though! Before:
030.JPG
After:
030_2.jpg

I wanted to make it more interesting color wise, but wasn't sure what to do. Feel free to edit your suggestions and post them here :)

Some things I'm not happy about - grainy quality because of the lightening and the loss of detail in the darker black parts of her fur. Other than that, I'm happy with it!

Last edited:

Jessicayla

Hoopy Frood
And here's another. Decided to change the background color on this one too.. that background I used is pretty ugly.

Before:
036.JPG

After:
036_2.jpg

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Jessica, I lightened Tandy up with a curves adjustment layer. I then used the Brush Tool on the layer mask to bring back some of the darker areas. Kinda of like a dodge and burn.

Using the inside of the ears as a guide, I added a little color (mostly red) with a Hue & Saturation adjustment layer.

Cat_01.1.png
edit: darkened her a little

I always love these types of threads so I can see how everyone else is making adjustments! Thanks!

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Almost the same adjustment on the second photo. It's hard to judge her natural color.

Tandi_02.png
edit: darkened her a little

Last edited: