What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retouch portrait and street

xversion1

Some photos I've shot yesterday :cheesygrin:

untitled-39.jpguntitled-39-Edit.jpg

qxnr.jpg

11619668835_793600052a_c.jpg

Thank for watching!

Attachments

• untitled-39.jpg
    untitled-39.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 4
  • untitled-39-Edit.jpg
    untitled-39-Edit.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 9
My eye is drawn to a diagonal shadow on the street retouch, which has been cast on the back wall to the left. I can't fathom why it is there, as there is an overhang above the pavement anyway.

I love the rest of it though.

My eye is drawn to a diagonal shadow on the street retouch, which has been cast on the back wall to the left. I can't fathom why it is there, as there is an overhang above the pavement anyway.

I love the rest of it though.
You're right! I added light at that part, I think it's cool cause I want something more dramatic though I know it isn't real at all. :)

I like both images very much. Cool jobs.
The portrait looks nice and smooth,though it has still enough skin texture. The street image has a great color tint, and with the diagonal shadows you really put some life into it, removing of the many objects you've done with great care.

I like both, at this point, the second better. I disagree that there is enough skin texture in the face. I think the highlights are blown or just too bright, and maybe if that was fixed, the texture would reappear.

But it's very nice work, especially considering that they are your own photos. Bravo!

I really think you did a fantastic job with the face of the girl! It's nice and subtle, well done!

I really like the street scene as well! You did a good job on removing the unwanted elements even though some could use a little touching up. I also like the color overlay you chose for the image.

I completely agree with SpruceM on the diagonal shadow on the upper left side just below the awning/overhang. It defy's the overall lighting of the image. Be careful using dark as a cover up.

OK, I take it back. Don't know why I didn't do this before, but I hooked up my external monitor (which I also just got back fully refurbished a few days ago) and it is much better. The only hot spot that really still bothers me is on the collar. O/W, you guys are correct and I stand corrected.

On looking again you are right clare, it is blown out - oh wait no you was wrong:rofl:

I did the street photo in Photoshop and now I check it with Lightroom it is really blown out (red areas). I don't know if Photoshop have the same indicator stuff so I don't have to use Camara RAW or Lighroom to check?
Screenshot (67).png

I can't believe that there is only IamSam that can see the shadow looks bizarre! So I'm going to try and explain it one more time before I give up. Unless there is spotlights on under the overhang during the day, all of that wall was covered in shadow anyway, so how did that get there. I'm all for dramatic shadows that add effect, but should we not try our best to make them at least a bit believable. It's a very nice looking shadow and I'm sure a lot of effort went into it, but would you put a random shadow in the middle of a field if there was nothing there to cast it?

Flare2.png

I didn't mention the shadow as it's a natural shadow cast by the window structure at the top, it overhangs the front of the building, just looks muddy and lost in new version (over saturated so it blends into the background walls some).
My gif shows original path to wall with shadow and the new version with same lines overlayed.

shads.gif

Back