What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beauty Edit

LookyHotcha

A few years ago when I was just getting the hang of Photoshop, I would search on Etsy for faces to alter so that I could practice my editing. This is one from those times, I think I may have overdone the skin a bit but other than that I like it.
Comments are always welcome, please tell me what you think.
Thanks!
Haley C.

Attachments

• Alice.jpg
    Alice.jpg
    666.6 KB · Views: 6

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi again Haley,

I like the color adjustment in her hair and bow, but the overall skin tone is off.
The work around the eyes is great and increasing her Iris size was very clever and helpful!
I especially like the work on her her mouth! Great Job!
The skin is not so overdone, it's just lacking color.

Overall a good job!

ibclare

Queen Bee
Alice in Wonderland!

Much better color tone. I agree with Sam re the skin. It seems really washed out compared to the rest; blends in with the hair. I like to see more appropriate flesh color (there is a thread here from Tom Mann discussing this; I'll see if I can find it or ask him) and other touches. Beyond a one click overall change to the tone, it is often helpful to add greater dimension using highlight layers and color layers for blush and other color and shadow. IMO.