What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little Car Fix-up

Carson

Power User
It's nothing special, but I figured it'd be a good exercise. Get an old car off images.google.com and fix it up. I know I removed the hatch on the right side of the car trunk. That was an accident but I can't be asked to go back and fix it xD

Before
article-2068015-0EFECDE600000578-688_638x372.jpg

After
preview.jpg

Post your own to try the exercise.

Paul

Former Member
Nice work Carson, just needs a top coat of shine now:mrgreen:

Carson

Power User
ibclare, LOL. and Paul, idk how I would put an overlay of shine? Maybe I'll try some stuff later.

iDad

Guru
I see Sam posted a link here's another way
preview.png
With a better selection process you should be able to create a blank layer in overlay mode and use the prominent blue color of the car and paint over the blue area and probably reduce the fill opacity to 85- 90% that should give it a shine

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You can also add a Curves adjustment layer (set to overlay) adjusted to the bright side, reverse it's layer mask (Command + I), and then add the shine using the Brush Tool set to white, a soft brush, and the brushes flow set to 3% to 5%.

Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 10.10.12 AM.png

MikeMc

McGuru
Add that latch...couple of minutes with clone will do you!