What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young, blond and pretty

Very nice, not overdone. You gonna get a job with Marie Claire or Vogue?

Thanks Clare...way too old for that.
About 10 years age, I used to work for Nivea Switzeland a few years, doing beauty ads. As you know, I'm retired but doing freelancing jobs for advertising agencies, professional photographers or printers.

Another fantastic retouch from you Chris!

Thanks for your comment Sam... always much appreciated!
I just hope a few people in this forum enjoy to see what can be done with retouching. Not just in 5 minutes, no, on this well paid job I worked for 6 hours.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I wish I had your abilities with re-touching!

I still struggle. I have not found a technique(s) that work well for me. I really need more practice.

chitkaran

Guru
Same here Sam.. Every now an then I try new techniques to do something like this ... but never reach anywhere near the desired results... Keep trying is what I say to myself..

But this one is indeed an Excellento Job Chris .... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Same here Sam.. Every now an then I try new techniques to do something like this ... but never reach anywhere near the desired results... Keep trying is what I say to myself..

But this one is indeed an Excellento Job Chris .... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks very much chitkaran. I always work with the frequency-separation-technique. The link below is not just a tut, but it explain this technique quite good. Once you get the hang of it, you'll get much better results shortly.

http://fstoppers.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-the-frequency-separation-technique

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi Chris -

By total coincidence, today, I just received an advertisement from the Portrait Pro (PP) people for 20% off on an upgrade from v11 to v12 (which has improved face "re-lighting" ;-) ), so I upgraded, and couldn't think of a better way to test it than by pitting it against the master Swiss retoucher. :)))

Basically, I ran it through PP v12 twice, spending about an additional 15 minutes in PS outside of PP. I spent most of the time in PS doing things like quickly re-colorizing some areas that came out of PP badly under-saturated (eg, edge of the nose), smoothing out some wildly over-saturated spots (eg the edges of the eyebrows), etc. I didn't want to spend a lot of time fixing all the flaws, so if you look, you will see plenty of places that I didn't hit.

The results don't even come close to the beautiful job that Chris did, but this little experiment does show the huge steps taken by this software company since their early versions, say, 5 or so years ago, when it was almost impossible to keep it from turning everyone's skin to perfect plastic. :-( .

Anyway, I thought this little experiment might be of interest to those folks who have been keeping an eye on this product.

Best,

Tom
Priska_Original_Detail-TJM_attempt_using_Portrait_Pro_v12.jpg

Hi Tom,

Thanks very much for your comment and your explanation working with "Portrait Pro" software on this image. Even for me it's the first time I can compare my "manual work" against work of this software. It is certainly a good product for everyone who is not a very experienced retoucher, (I don't mean you Tom). I've seen some really good results. In most cases it'll meet the demands of a good hobby photographer and shopper. But as you pointed out, PP has its limits and always needs some finishing touch.

Last edited: