What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first thread :D

Yani Feyaerts

I was a bored yesterday so decided to practice little bit. I love to hear some advice! It's a MClaren 650s if you're wondering
Before
Mclaren1.jpg

After
MClaren2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Yani and welcome to PSG.

Your after image colors are a bit over-saturated and contrasty, especially the red. The over-satting of the blue in the car is better but it's a bit dark and some nice details are lost. The implied letter pressed text of the logo into the pavement is a great effect but could use a little perspective to add to it's believability.

Screen Shot 2014-04-27 at 3.41.48 PM.png

I like the texture in the bottom of the text, it has a nice crushed pavement look to it.

All in all, a good job.

Welcome to the forum Yani. Nice job of the car, though I agree with Sam, your treatment is overdone, the beautiful car has lost a lot of details.
Keep practicing and post some more of your work. I look forward to see it.

kylelawso

Banned
Looks very good, I also have a problem over saturating my colors. It is just too easy to go overboard and I find myself to keep saying "scale back, scale back, scale, ugh this is too hard" :) haha

Yani Feyaerts

Thanks for all the comments guys! I know i was struggling to find the right saturation but i will watch it next time. I still have one question...
Is their any better effect to do the engraved text? because i just used the inner shadow to get to this effect.

Jergon

The red line and the logo are nice (except the letters' perspective, of course - the letters should be a little bit oblique to right side) but the car was OK on the "before" pic. You better should leave it without changing.