What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you guys think of these edits?

Jeff

Tom.png
I made this a while ago, I just wanted to know how I could improve

:p

Thanks,
--Jeff Z.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Jeff, it's really hard to tell what you've done here. The after image is entirely to dark so it's hard to see how well you have separated the background from the original. The skin color edit is way off, not sure where your going with it.

You could try posting a BG removal of a person with wispy hair. No edit, just a plain white BG and let us see how well your doing.

Jeff

No problem; mind you the job is a little rough (it was kinda rushed)8d0e75a04a.jpg
Also, the before: fb6c99d7a0.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff

Also, the skin color edit was desaturated→The client wanted a serious and darker, so I tried desaturating it so that it looks that way. Was it too much? I found that too much saturation (i.e: the image in its original state) looked off with a darker background.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Jeff, which of these two were the before? The second image (white BG) has some remnant BG on the left side, the hair and down the arm.

The other looks like it's on a checkerboard background and the hair ends appear to be missing from the selection. What process are you using? Have you tried alpha channel selection for hair?

Jeff

The second image is the before. The hair ends seem to be missing because the image is zoomed out a bit (there might also be some missing lol)

I just used a magic eraser and the quick selection tool + refine edge to clean things up. No, I did not try alpha channel selection for the hair, could you divulge?

inkpad.t

Guru
I'm not much of a retouch guy , but the second image ( the original ) to me looks better than the one retouched, part of the left arm shoulder is missing as you can see through it.