What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just practicing Photo Restoration

adinelt

I don't know how you guys can do these things so fast. It would have taken me forever to do this.

Do you scan the different pieces in and then assemble them or tape them together then scan it?

gedstar

Guru
Hi adinelt

"Do you scan the different pieces in and then assemble them or tape them together then scan it?"

Scanning the pieces in would be the normal way, but this image was already scanned so it's just a matter of cutting out each section and placing them on new layers. Then using the free transform tool to align the pieces together.
Well that's the simplified version of it :)

Cheers

Ged

gedstar

Guru
Wow! Great work. Do you have a website?

Hi picunderapp, no I don't, just out of curiosity why do you ask?

Thanks for the comment. :) as the title says I'm just practicing and still learning. Plenty of really good guru's here that I really admire and they have given me lots of advice, inspiration and help along the way, so cheer's to all of them :clap:

picunderapp

Hi picunderapp, no I don't, just out of curiosity why do you ask?

Thanks for the comment. :) as the title says I'm just practicing and still learning. Plenty of really good guru's here that I really admire and they have given me lots of advice, inspiration and help along the way, so cheer's to all of them :clap:

You're showing a lot of talent while only practicing. I could only imagine the amount of success you would have with a dedicated website showcasing your skills.

There must be a good amount of people with photo restoration needs.

MikeMc

McGuru
You're showing a lot of talent while only practicing. I could only imagine the amount of success you would have with a dedicated website showcasing your skills.

There must be a good amount of people with photo restoration needs.

There are a lot of old damaged memories out there. Ged mentioned OPR...I was also hooked on this and also joined, great group, great function...

Watch this short ...

[video=vimeo;5532869]http://vimeo.com/5532869[/video]

Here is our site : OPR

Please look......Great reason to learn!

AliG

It's amazing what someone can do with Photoshop! Do you have any favorite tutorials for learning how to restore old, torn photos?