What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

" Take Me Back to Life " My new Design

Ali Albahar

Hello everyone , what's up ?

I'm a new member from Iraq , And I want to show you my new manipulation Design , and i will be very happy to hear your comments and tips to make it better...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I attached 2 photos ( 1st one is my design ) the ( 2nd one are the pictures I used ) , Plz check

Regards , Ali Albaahr

Attachments

• Take Me Out of life Ocean.jpg
    Take Me Out of life Ocean.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 7
  • making_Take me out.jpg
    making_Take me out.jpg
    777.4 KB · Views: 7

Sierraccr

Power User
Very nice! I love working with water as well. You picked a perfect image of the woman - that can sometimes be the tricky part.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very nice work. Great attention to detail. Refraction, blending, and lighting are good, but would like to see more shadows in the BG of the water more like this image..

Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 10.23.14 AM.png

ibclare

Queen Bee
First of all, I like this very mcuha dn especially the way you have arranged the pieces. The cutout of the model is very well done.

I agree with Sam. I am looking for effects of more water crossing the model's image. It would help increase the under water effect.

I am also wondering about the black running from her eys. It looks kind of fake and I have no idea what it respresents.

Ali Albahar

First of all, I like this very mcuha dn especially the way you have arranged the pieces. The cutout of the model is very well done.

I agree with Sam. I am looking for effects of more water crossing the model's image. It would help increase the under water effect.

I am also wondering about the black running from her eys. It looks kind of fake and I have no idea what it respresents.

Thank you so much for your reply ,

about the black coming from her eyes , i suppose to be her eye's make-up , it should be like this because of water , next time i will try to make better and more realistic

thanks again

ibclare

Queen Bee
LOL. As a woman who has had her mascara run (sometimes I cry during commercials about animal abuse), I can tell you it isn't that black, it has areas without makeup, it doesn't run down that thickly nor that far down the cheek. Anyway, the way you painted it, it needs to follow her cheekbones more angle-wise.

I would suggest you use a very small round brush, medium soft at about 50% opacity. Put spaced brush marks under her eyeys, and a little on top of her cheeks. If that still looks odd then add a very slight guassian blur. IMO that would look more realistic.

gedstar

Guru
@ fotograttiti

Never heard that band before, she has a wonderful voice and some good songs by the sound of it!!!

Last edited:

fotograffiti

Power User
o and Ali, I wouldn't do anything on the make up, it's not supposed to be realistic in my opinion. She can emerge fully made up ;)

It's an excellent composite AliAlbahar, very nice photoshop work too.
I agree with Sam's and Clare's comment. Maybe just add some bubbles across the underwater image part.

Take Me Out of life Ocean Bubbles.jpg

ibclare

Queen Bee
o and Ali, I wouldn't do anything on the make up, it's not supposed to be realistic in my opinion. She can emerge fully made up ;)

OK, maybe realistic was not the right term. I will agree that it musn't look so.

However, the way it rolls down her face makes it look as if she has no bones in that part of her face.

Besiides, she looks very realistic, the sky looks surreal in its color, other wise realistic, and the water to me looks real even though what I meant about it washing around her and in front of her is exactly what Chris has demonstrated. And that seems more "realistic," lol.

Of course that is IMHO.

Last edited:

Ali Albahar

LOL. As a woman who has had her mascara run (sometimes I cry during commercials about animal abuse), I can tell you it isn't that black, it has areas without makeup, it doesn't run down that thickly nor that far down the cheek. Anyway, the way you painted it, it needs to follow her cheekbones more angle-wise.

I would suggest you use a very small round brush, medium soft at about 50% opacity. Put spaced brush marks under her eyeys, and a little on top of her cheeks. If that still looks odd then add a very slight guassian blur. IMO that would look more realistic.

hhhhhhh you are completely right , I should ask a woman before making that effect , thanks for your method , sure i'll try

thanks again