What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restored Baby Photo

adinelt

Back a few years ago, I had a side business called Sentimental Journey's where I would transfer film and video to DVD, restore photos and colorize B&W photos. Did it for a few years and had a good time doing it. Unfortunately, my hard drive crashed on me and I lost a lot of my old work. I did however have this one in my PhotoBucket album. I think this is the best one that I ever did and am glad to still have a copy of it. The original photo is the only one that the client had of himself of a child and wanted me to restore it. This is the end result.

Attachments

• baby1orig.jpg
    baby1orig.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 35
  • baby1enh3.jpg
    baby1enh3.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 35
Interesting, so the image on the left is the original?

With the complete lack of information in the original, this seems like it would be more of a digital painting than a true restoration.

It's hard to tell how well you did from such a tiny image. When I first saw it, I thought this was a deceased baby due to the lack of color. Sorry!

Do you have a larger version?

Sorry, I don't have a larger version and yes, the original is on the left. I scanned in the original image and when zoomed in really close, I was able to make out faint details of the baby. This how I could 'rebuild' the image to accurately represent what was originally there. I ended up using other baby pictures to get skin and hair textures. Maybe it is more digital painting, but the client was totally thrilled when he saw it. He said it looked exactly like his son at that age.

Back