What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haven't been Photoshopping much lately

Hey, welcome back!

It's hard to critique something unless we know what your goal was.

So, were you trying to make her skin look like that of a negro, or something else, eg, a sepia toned photo of a Caucasian, or something in-between?

Tom

Hi Tom

Not sure what I was trying to do with this image, just wanted to change the look, didn't really have anything in mind. I suppose "sepia toned photo of a Caucasian, or something in-between" maybe a way to describe it.
Just wanted to see what effects I could achieve using various adjustment layers

Thanks for your comment

Ged

Right eye is a bit too white... in my opinion.

test an image always looking to another part of the image, in example, to evaluate right eye I look to the left, and looking the left eye the right seems to be too highlighted, but its only my opinion, in personal and artistic works there is no way to appraise...

I pretty much agree with everything Nacho said, especially his comment that comments on artistic decisions are very difficult to give.

I would also add that by darkening her, you have her blending into the background in the area of her left (on viewer's right) ear. Old time photographers used to call this a "join" or a "merge" and worked diligently to prevent this.

T

Have to agree with you both, don't really like the result that much now myself. Go's to show drink and Photoshop don't really mix very well :rofl:

Hi Sam

Yes that's was the tutorial I was using, didn't really like the results and as the above pointed out don't think I done a very good job to be honest. You live and learn.

Ged

Back