What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marilyn Monroe Black and White Colorizing - Before and After Pictures

Pepper

Hello. I just joined this site and already feel welcome. I'm presenting within this thread my most recent project that I conjured up out of boredom. It's a picture of Marilyn Monroe black and white, which I colorized with the use of Photoshop CS5. If anyone needs any tips, tricks, or tutorials on my Marilyn Monroe project (or any black and white photos) please message me. If you need anything done but don't know how to do it, or feel like doing it, please message me and I'll see if I can help. Anyways.... Check out the pics and please tell me how I did, whether it's good or bad. I do realize that I didn't color the beach or the sand, but it's mainly to emphasize her. :lol:
Marilyn Monroe.jpgMarilyn Monroe Colorized.jpg

Ahh. After some school work, I'm finally finished. Here's the finished product:
Marilyn Monroe Colorized.jpg

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Pepper and welcome to PSG.

I think you did a fantastic job on this! Well done!

MrToM

Guru
...it would be even more if you colored the sand and the water too...
Ha ha....I never noticed that!
Can't think why not but good call Colleague!

Ditto what colleague said.

Regards.
MrTom.

Pepper

Then I'll just do that. lol. I'll upload one with the ocean and sand colored in a few. Thanks for the comments guys. xD :idea:
But keep in mind I didn't color the beach on purpose.

Pepper

Ok.. Colored in the whole image as suggested by you guys. Resulting image is in the main post. Let me know how it looks again.

Brian Soto

Nicely done/great results. I've seen tinting by professionals go a lot worse. This is postcard ready. Look forward to seeing more. Cheers.