What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Retouching Sample

MrToM

Guru
Very good mdyusuf, its a little difficult to see exactly how well you did this due to the small image size......not only that but you then reduced it further still......why?

Its important to always keep images at their native dimensions, regardless of their final destination.
For example, if you plan to keep this purely as a digital image for viewing on digital media then there is no need for any re-sampling at all.

If OTOH you plan to print this then any re-sampling can be done at the printing stage....not the editing stage....keeping the maximum number of pixels to work with.

If you reduced the size purely to accommodate the white border then it would be better to ADD the border to the outside of the original image, rather than reduce the image to make room for it.

You can always increase the 'canvas' size and fill it with whatever colour you want....leaving your image totally intact and untouched.....the edited version that is, giving the impression of a 'border' around the image.

Regards.
MrTom.

Pepper

What version of Photoshop are you using. I can throw in some tips for selecting the woman's hair to make it look a bit better.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
I would like to add to the above..if this is to be a restoration for someone other than yourself, try to maintain all of the things in the original photo including the background. You want to be able to present a restoration to the owner that is the way that he/she remembers the photo. It's OK to clean up damage and do some color correction but removal of elements is not permitted. Restore and replace the background.

mdyusuf

I would like to say you thanks because you tell us some important rule, but this is my father and mother old photo. I am just retouching this photo.