What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liquify Model Body

ElizabethM

Just learned how to use the liqufy tool properly on Photoshop, so I took a picture of a plus size model and decided to make her really skinny to see how natural I can keep the edit.

What do you guys think? The edit looks pretty natural to me, but as always anybody's two cents is help to improve myself! :') My next target is to get a picture that has less of a forgiving background to try and worm my way around editing without distorting the background. Whoo!

Skinny-Model.gif

P/S: The images is a gif, so incase it doesn't load. Click on it? O.O

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, you did a good job using the tool but you fell a bit short if you were trying to keep it natural. Everything above the waist looks pretty good with a few minor issues. Everything below the waist is very unnatural even for a really skinny model. The hips, thighs, and calves are not anatomical. The knees are down right scary! LOL!!

Patience, practice, perseverance. 3P's

Paul

Former Member
Not bad but why not go the other way way more demanding on the tools and imagination:thumbsup:

ElizabethM

Well, you did a good job using the tool but you fell a bit short if you were trying to keep it natural. Everything above the waist looks pretty good with a few minor issues. Everything below the waist is very unnatural even for a really skinny model. The hips, thighs, and calves are not anatomical. The knees are down right scary! LOL!!

Patience, practice, perseverance. 3P's

Thank you Sam! I shall take the 3P's into consideration and have patience, practice and perserverance! :D

I realised where I may have fallen a bit short on the legs already, the knees look horribly stretched and her calves are way to staight. What about her thighs though, you would recomend more of a.... Curve? :D
Paul Thanks Paul! Wait, are you suggesting instead of thin, I take a skinny subject and make them bigger? I'm game! I just actually took up one of your colourisation challenges for myself. Never done that before, so I'll post a reply when I'm done. :D

Paul

Former Member
Use this model for PPP.

Skinny-Jeans-Brands-for-Petite-Women-16.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Pauly, her cheek is a bit out of whack but that's pretty good otherwise. I will have to give this a try.

ElizabethM

@Paul I just posted the colorisation attempt! Hahaha

Going to try making this model all sorts of lushious with curves now, wish me luck. Nice attempt by the way, can't wait to see all your other attempts! You guys are awesome. :D

Oh and nice one Chris!

Last edited:

ElizabethM

Took me a wee longer than an hour to do this, but for my first admit I'd honestly like to say I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome. Haha may I present to you, my curvaceous model!

Though @Chris if i may ask this totally random question but... How did you get her boobs to look so good? Hahaha even the darkening at the sides look so on point to her curves. *claps*

CurvyModelElizabethM.jpg

Could have done a little better on her legs, I think Ieft a few parts a bit too skinny. But there came a point where I was just done staring at her. Hahaha

Last edited:
Hi Elizabeth
Your version looks very good to me...quite natural boobs too.
In my image I did enlarge them with liquify a little, but the actual shape I had to paint in
with a soft brush and very low opacity on a seperate layer, mode set to multiply.

The biggest problem on my job and on your job is her stomach. It is just not round enough,
not enough fat around her waist.

ElizabethM

Hi Chris,
Thanks! It means a lot hearing all your feedback here, especially to know I got her boobs down naturally :rofl: I decided to go small because I couldn't get them bigger or the shadows to work out that well. Ahh, painting them in. That's quite genius!

Oh yes I agree! The stomach bothered me so much, I kept trying to think of ways to make more fat show but came up blank. No matter how much I curved around her hips or made more ruffles it really doesn't look like it's round enough.

Rich54

Guru
curvymodelelizabethm-jpg.jpg

I tried giving her a rounder stomach (third image, furthest right) using Elizabeth's latest version as my starting point. First, I used the liguify tool to make the folds of her shirt arch lower at the bottom of her stomach and arch higher at the top. I also made the jeans waistband arch lower. Then on a new layer I created an oval selection over the stomach and applied a white-to-black radial gradient, a healthy blur, blend mode of Luminosity, opacity at 30%, and then masked out the shadow on the left where the light is strongest. Applied similar radial gradients to her boobs to make then more rounded, but used Soft Light there.

ElizabethM

I tried giving her a rounder stomach (third image, furthest right) using Elizabeth's latest version as my starting point. First, I used the liguify tool to make the folds of her shirt arch lower at the bottom of her stomach and arch higher at the top. I also made the jeans waistband arch lower. Then on a new layer I created an oval selection over the stomach and applied a white-to-black radial gradient, a healthy blur, blend mode of Luminosity, opacity at 30%, and then masked out the shadow on the left where the light is strongest. Applied similar radial gradients to her boobs to make then more rounded, but used Soft Light there.

Oh my, well done! *claps* Haha thats some smooth thinking on the rounding of her stomach part. Though one question, where or what exactly is radial gradient? I've heard of radial blur but not the other.

Ooooh nice one too Chris! I'm going to take another go at it later. Haha