What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slightly harder before and after

gedstar

Guru
Excellent Chris, thought mine was a bit over the top alright, will have a play around with it!
Cheers

Paul

Former Member
Nice one Chris, very realistic.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great job ged!

While present in the earlier versions, it becomes evident in Chris's version that the subjects look cut out and pasted to the BG. Perhaps some minor blending on the hard edges. The BG is uniform and consistent from top to bottom which adds to the cut and pasted look as well. Maybe a gradient would help.

gedstar

Guru
Thank you Sam

I think I was to trigger happy with the clone stamp tool cleaning up the background and maybe rushed it a bit, I'll try your suggestions later when I get home!

Thanks again

gedstar

Guru
Hi Sam/Chris

Took on board what you guys said and decided just to repair the background and gave it a slight sepia tone as Chris suggested. I think it looks more natural now! both your comments would be most appreciated

View attachment 57151

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Much more natural! Definitely does not look cut and pasted! All the hard edges have been dealt with accordingly. Great job!