What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MrToM

Guru
I couldn't say if its 'better' or not being a hard surface modeller but I noticed in your 'Tank' thread that you said you didn't like Z-brush.....I can understand that totally!

Have you tried MudBox?

Although I've never done 'organic' modelling on any scale whatsoever I did have a play with MudBox and found it Waaaaaaaay easier to use than Z-Brush.

I don't know if its because its from Autodesk and I'm used to their ways but I certainly got more out of it in 10 mins than in 2 hours with Z-brush.

Just a thought.

Regards.
MrToM.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
yeah, I tend to use mudbox for my normal map creation for clothes, it generates better wrinkles, and I don't have to faff around with projection baking afterwards, as mudbox has it inbuilt.

zbrush's user interface is a, pardon my french, BITCH to bloody use! it really kills any sort of creative flow there is because there are just too many things going on at once!

MrToM

Guru
Your French is fine, I understood, and agree with, every word!

I didn't get to the advanced stage of actually 'using' the z-brush UI......so well done you!

Autodesk may have their faults, but at least their software is usable straight out of the box.....the MudBox! :biglaff:

Regards.
MrToM.