What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moose Hunt

Bearcat6205

Before and after. I don't know what I am doing wrong

Attachments

• CCF09112015_00000.jpg
    CCF09112015_00000.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • edited moose.jpg
    edited moose.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 14

MrToM

Guru
...I don't know what I am doing wrong...
Give it more throttle? (Motorcycles these days...sheeesh!)

On a serious note...what tools / methods / techniques did you use?

It would help to know that so we don't suggest what you have already done.

Regards.
MrToM.

PS...just thought...maybe its ran out of fuel?

I KNOW....YOU LEFT THE KILL SWITCH ON! :rofl:

(I'll get me coat)

MrToM

Guru
I used spot healing, clone stamp and auto contrast?? maybe the wrong tools.
Absolutely not no....you've done a good job! :thumbsup:

Personally I find the 'Healing Brush' tool better, as opposed to the 'Spot Healing' tool but they essentially do the same thing.

I think you just need to practice to be honest.
Both the 'Healing Brush' and the 'Clone Stamp' tools are not difficult to use but are tricky to use correctly.

Most people find a small brush size and sampling regularly from different positions to be the way to go, especially with the 'Clone Stamp' tool to avoid obvious repetition.

Your image isn't as bad as you make out and wouldn't take much more work.

There are lots of video tutorials about both these tools so I reckon you need to just watch a few and see how other people use them.....you'll pick it up in no time.

Then its just practice, practice, practice.....repeat.

One piece of advice is to always do your 'Cloning' on a new 'blank' layer and set the tool to sample 'This layer and below'. This way you are using a 'Non destructive' method, (keeping your original image intact), and also giving you a very easy way to see your progress...by just toggling the layer visibility on / off.

Its also fun to just 'see' what changes you have made on their own rather than being part of the image itself.

Regards
MrToM.

Tom Mann

Guru
One comment: The lighting on the guy looks very different from the lighting throughout the rest of the image -- it's much brighter, more directional and has quite a different color balance. If the guy's outerwear is regular hunting / international orange, it doesn't look like any version of that color I've ever seen: it's washed out / too bright. The guy's face is off in the magenta direction while the forest background, as expected, has more of a typical blue/green lighting, while the poor moose is too blue & saturated.

Just my $0.02,

Tom M

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
One more thing: Is that a special pigmy moose, LOL? It's about half the size in all directions of what an adult moose would be (and calves don't have a full rack like that).

Tom M

Paul

Former Member
If you vary the size of the tool and rotate it in the correct areas you can with a bit of patience recreate the image minus the smoke in your mouth, working image is a little grainy at a higher resolution but still acceptable for a limited result.

fag.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
While I did use the Clone Stamp Tool some, I mostly used the Brush Tool.

Zoom in while you work.
Sample often.

Screen Shot 2015-12-01 at 9.02.29 PM.png

I think it's fun to see how differently we all do things.

Paul

Former Member
Indeed so Sam.
Quick mask of right side of mouth reversed over left side with cigarette, altered light slightly loads of ways.

quickmask.jpg