What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UFO Sighting over Chicago

thebestcpu

Guru
That is really cool Chrisdesign. I would not know how to pull that off in PS and quite realistic.
One minor suggestion that popped out at me. The lighting by the setting sun on the Chicago High Rise buildings is different than the lighting on the UFOs. Shadow placement is different for the two. Most might not notice that yet it looks different to me. Just an observation.

That is really cool Chrisdesign. I would not know how to pull that off in PS and quite realistic.
One minor suggestion that popped out at me. The lighting by the setting sun on the Chicago High Rise buildings is different than the lighting on the UFOs. Shadow placement is different for the two. Most might not notice that yet it looks different to me. Just an observation.

Thank you very much for your kind words.
I'm glad you mentioned the lighting situation in this composite. Big mistake on my part...but I realized it too late when I was finished with the job.
Still too much to learn with 3D images, I'm only a beginner and my head is still smoking after completing this 2nd job.:frown:

thebestcpu

Guru
Impressive work for a beginner (or beyond) Chris so I would not beat yourself up over anything. Every incremental job offers more discoveries, learning and improvement which is all part of the process improvement and gaining experience. Wouldn't it be just boring if you didn't learn anything along with the work? :) I think you should celebrate your accomplishment and the gain in experience and feel proud about what you have done. Gotta have a good attitude to have the positive energy for the next one just like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M
Hope that helps :)

Thanks gedstar, I appreciate your comment very much.
This is still Photoshop with trying out some 3D tools, though definitely harder to figure out how to go about it than I thought.:banghead:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
chrisdesign

Very nice work Chris.
Again I love the 'golden' glow and of course the details. You must have a lot of that stuff in CH. :cheesygrin:

I installed cc 2015 myself today and will have a look at how to do 3D.

Thank you for your kind words Eggy...always much appreciated.
Well, I look forward to see some of your 3D work soon. Maybe start with an image of a shiny gold bar.:thumbsup: