What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BEFORE and After Newby at play

Pipsmom

Guru
Before and After of a Newby trying to learn Photoshop using tutorials plus wrapping my head around using a Mac. Am I on the right track editing friends JPEGS to learn off of? And am I doing it right

Before
A233E731-6D6E-46D1-B7F6-A3C50CA01F39-229-00000024B91EB80E_tmp_zpsbu3ssie4.jpeg~original.jpg

After
fullsizeoutput_139.jpeg

Pipsmom

Guru
Who says old dogs cant learn new tricks . ```````rofl
OK heres the rest i tied to post earlier

BC373C13-EA56-41A0-B771-04FACB75B934-342-00000048C930B538_tmp.jpeg

AFTER

clouds,sky-hole,lake,dark.gif

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Good work on your adjustments given the challenged lighting on the second and third images.

The one thing I noticed right off was the horizon alignment that Argos mentions above.

Pipsmom

Guru
Oh my! ......first rookie lesson 101... Starighten horizon first ...Gezzz Forgot all about that
Thank you both for your honest option and advice and I will pay better attention in the future to beginning rookie steps.
Loving this site already ❤️ Lot of learning to do

Pipsmom

Guru
I held onto to this photo for awhile waiting for inspiration to strike. Today I felt I had some fun with it and went for the artsy look..the owner of the photo was very impressed...what do you think?

Before
IMG_3985.JPG

After

IMG_3988.JPG

Argos

Guru
Hi pipsmom, for me is too much, i think the problem is you tried to recover something you shouldn't... the bushes, and focus on the sunset. Trying to recovering the subexposed bushes, apart from the forced and artifical look you lose spotlight on the really interesting (the sunset). Hope is understandable with my english XD.

Not a fan on the lose quality on the sunset either.

But of course is only my opinion.

Regards

Last edited:

jojo dancer

Most certainly your on the right track. I think though through my experience you got to be careful with some tutorials because sometimes they are missing steps and get you frustrated but don't let that discourage you be hard headed and keep at it. I say time was my best teacher. :thumbsup: