What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portrait of the girl

Sofi Kova

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 7.56.37 PM.jpg RFMask_printable.jpg
Please correct me, critics allowed, at this photo i used golden ratio layer, i dont like eyebrows but thats what golden ratio telling to do

Last edited:

Argos

Guru
Nice job with the expresion, i like it, the hair a bit weird. You miss the armpit bytheway ;).

Cheers!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great work.

There' no doubt that the model in the edited image conforms more to the diminished body image that's become the societal/industry standard. I think it's a required skill to understand the Golden Ratio overlay and the concept of symmetry. It has it's place in advertising or fashion rags if that's going to be where your interests lay. Just remember, strict adherence to the overlay is not necessary as in the case of her eyebrows. I would look at the overlay as a general guide to make subtle changes.

In this case though I have to admit, I'm more of a fan of the original photo of the model. She's strikingly unique and perfect the way she was.

Sofi Kova

and how to make the hair more natural? what would u recommend, as u see her color on original not solid which looks cheap, and the volume its not enough, as i think)))

Sofi Kova

thank u for ur opinion for now im just learning the photoshop, so i need to learn to make changes, as natural as possible, but in real life i agree with , i wouldnt change the eyebrows

Argos

Guru
In my opinion, if you want more volume you need to start adding hair to the lower part of the hair not the upper, With the colour problem i think you need to try to match the colours but you cant loose the hightlight and shadows because you lose volume and looks weird.

I made a fast example to make it right it requires a lot of work and time.

Hair4.jpg

Last edited: