What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newby Recent Practice Work

Pipsmom

Guru
Been studying real hard and applying techniques I have read about here...Thanks Guys
Its not perfect as it was only practise and I think I over done it on the green roof...looks flat... but I think its one of the best I have done lately... added suggestions welcome
My home town..., This is a old photo of the Court House they tore down when I was a kid
Before and Afters

E82BEC60-72F1-44DF-ABF0-01EB9BDAA884-227-000000403F0F08C8_tmp.jpegscreven county court house.jpg

Last edited:

colleague

Guru
I like the colors you used and the result is very good already
but is seems that especialy the green part of the roof misses the light details that were in the Original

it is possible to get that back if you put the Original on top but with mode 'lumnosity'
here is PSD attached ( I made the Original a little darker with curves adustment-layer)

Attachments

• pips.jpg
    pips.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 2
  • pips.psd
    2.7 MB · Views: 0

Pipsmom

Guru
:thumbsup:What a wonderful answer to my flat roof, can't thank you enough that Colleage, I read somewhere about laying the original on top but didn't understand it then.....I still got the PSD and going to apply that....so do you leave the luminosity at 100% or adjust it by eye?
posted it to my hometown FB page and they are over the moon happy to see as their aren't any pictures of it in color.....I can't wait to see the results after your suggestion. Thanks Again

colleague

Guru
I would use 100 % in this case

but with coloring it's always usefull to play with all blendmodes and choose what you like the most
and play with the opacities , and choose what you think that works best
and play with the colors and choose again

if you have put the color on a separate layer , you can change everything easily