What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sofas: A + B = C

zippy84

Before:

Original Corner.jpg
Combined Recliner (Large).jpg

Bit of context; I'm creating a catalogue for a company that wholesales sofas.
The corner unit above is coming into stock in the grey fabric of the recliner (3 shots below it). It won't be here for weeks, but we want to get the catalogue out quickly, so I decided rather than wait to photo it when it comes in, I'd photograph the recliner at different angles and try to improvise, copying and pasting each panel from the grey recliner into the leather corner unit. Lots and lots of liquify & free transform. Had to do a lot of touching up. Couple of hours work in total. There is a colour cast on the originals (i.e. first 4 shots), the final image is a more accurate colour.

After:

Walton Corner (Custom).jpg

C&C welcome.

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Did you tried adding an adjustment layer hue/saturation and/or color balance?

Walton Corner (Custom).jpg Walton Corner (Custom) recolored.jpg

I'm not sure if this is what you're meaning...

zippy84

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. In the final image the colour is perfect. It's the first two images before processing that have the yellowish colour cast caused by skylights in the showroom.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Okay, I maybe didn't get it the way you meant...

The three seats on the right side of the small photo's need to be the color you give on the corner sofa, grey-ish?

If correct, make a selection of those seats and use an adjustment layer hue/saturation and/or a color balance adjustment layer to decrease the yellow in the color.

Something like this:

Combined Recliner (Large) colored.jpg

Last edited:

zippy84

I may have caused a bit of confusion the way I worded things in the OP, edited the original somewhat. Appreciate the help with colour but the colour is fine. The first 4 shots are the 'before', the last shot is the 'after'. I was just showing how I made a grey fabric corner sofa out of the brown leather corner sofa and the grey single seater shots. They were shot in raw so I did all the colour adjusting before in camera raw.

zippy84

Haha, I probably didn't help things with my rushed explanation! Anyway, I've added a short video to the OP to illustrate the transformation.