What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great work. I haven't seen this effect in awhile.

For me, the effect has more impact when the subject within the individual photos are slightly out of position with the background image, but this looks great.

Even though the drop shadow helps, the Polaroid photos are a little flat and lacking dimension. A nice gradient on each would help in improving their reality.

I can give you an example if you like?

Great work. I haven't seen this effect in awhile.

Even though the drop shadow helps, the Polaroid photos are a little flat and lacking dimension. A nice gradient on each would help in improving their reality.

I can give you an example if you like?
Yes please I didn't understand.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes please I didn't understand.
Ok. I did this very fast so it's not perfect.

The idea is to make the collage effect look as though each individual Polaroid photos were taken separately. You rotate and move the image of the woman so that they are not in perfect alignment with the background image.
Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 10.58.57 AM.png

Note also that the Polaroid images are flat in the above example.

Here I have added in the Drop Shadow. I made the drop shadow tight so it would appear as though the Polaroid photos are sitting on top of the background image and not hovering above them. Personal choice I guess.
Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 11.02.00 AM.png

Notice that even with the drop shadow they still appear flat?

Let's add a slight gradient to each Polaroid and some edge highlights to see if we can improve them and make them look more real.
Collage_01.jpg

Since I'm not sure about your skill level in Photoshop I have not gone into any details about how I did it. If you have questions just ask.