What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is best way convert jpeg logo to vector?

novis

I have rebuild an old motorbike and now I would like to put on old original decals. I have downloaded pitures from the net and now I would convert them to vector so I can make new. Please see the pic. It´s impossible upload. I have tried different methods.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Hi novis.

Your upload should work with your next post.

Click on the "Insert Image" icon
insertimage.png
on the tool bar above Quick reply. You have to wait for the image to load into the post box. If the image is huge, it may load slow or not show. So you have to try and go ahead with the post to see if it loaded.

novis

Picture for my Q , what´s best way convert jpeg to vector. No way, I give it up. Can´t upload. Thanks.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Strange... you should be able to upload it by now.

Anyways... It is better to convert or re-draw the logo with a vector program - Illustrator . If you own the CS complete Suite, just install.

A logo created in a vector application is more crisp and will not degrade in quality when resized.

inkpad.t

Guru
Do you really have to convert to vector ? only i would be thinking that the motorcycle or bike wherever an image was needed would not really be that large. If you got the dimensions of the tank/frame etc i would think you could set a document up at that size in Photoshop.

Just ask a pro here what color settings you would need for printing, your monitor should be calibrated so that what you see is what you get for colors and you can set up a cmyk color in Photoshop, but this is where you need pro advise.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Inkpad, I just realized that original post is several days old now.