What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help PLEASE with a Tee-Shirt Design

Tierrat

Hello all
I have been a member for a couple of months here and just wanted to let you all know that everyone here does a great job.

Now for my question, my wife have taken on the challenge of creating a tee-shirt for out local school volleyball team. She has done the art work but the problem is how can she make the claw marks in the volleyball look more realistic looking.

She is using Coral Draw 6 and she is self taught.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA2013_#_2.jpg

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Hi , Tierrat. What I can suggest is to reposition the marks into a row and adding skin flaps on the tear.

Give me a few minutes to fire up my Corel and show you what I mean......

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Something like this....

ClawMark_dv.jpg

I'm not sure whether Corel6 can open/import Corel10 files but in case it can, here's the cdr file for your wife to use and modify .

View attachment ClawMark_dv.rar

If it can't be opened, download the jpg and pass it to your wife to import into C6 to redraw/trace/modify the way she likes it.

Hope this helps....

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Are you talking about Version 6 or X6? Six being really old and X6 being the new. If you have X6 it would open the Version 10 file posted. Otherwise, dv8 you could save it as a Version 6 file in 10.
Something like this....

View attachment 35569

I'm not sure whether Corel6 can open/import Corel10 files but in case it can, here's the cdr file for your wife to use and modify .

View attachment 35570

If it can't be opened, download the jpg and pass it to your wife to import into C6 to redraw/trace/modify the way she likes it.

Hope this helps....

ibclare

Queen Bee
I don't use Corel Draw, but how about sinking one or two of the talons in a little and having them grab that way. Just take off a tip and make a line or two to show the depression effect.

Tierrat

Something like this....

View attachment 35569

View attachment 35570

Hope this helps....

dv8_fx
Thanks you so much for taking the time to help, me and my wife are not home right now so tomorrow morning we will see how the the file looks. Thanks again and I will post the results.

Have a great day
Louie

Tierrat

I don't use Corel Draw, but how about sinking one or two of the talons in a little and having them grab that way. Just take off a tip and make a line or two to show the depression effect.

ibclare
Thanks so much for your help, I passed the info to my wife and she said she understands what you are saying. She said she wanted to try dv8_fx file and see how thats looks. Thanks again for all the help. I will post pictures of how everything looks.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Are you talking about Version 6 or X6? Six being really old and X6 being the new. If you have X6 it would open the Version 10 file posted. Otherwise, dv8 you could save it as a Version 6 file in 10.

err.... unfortunately I don't have my X5 installed in this machine.... lol... a real cruncher in this cpu.

We'll have to wait for outcome from them. If there's need to convert it, I'll see what I can do.

Tierrat

dv8_fx
My wife was able to open the file, ( thanks again for all the help ) but do to school starting soon the project is on hold for a little while. I will keep up updated on her progress. Thanks again for all your help.