What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

coreldraw x3 file gone

issachubbard

I have Corel Draw x3 and have been using it for about 4years without any problems.
Then I installed the trail version of Corel Draw x6 and ever since then I have had problems. I uninstalled x6 now and it is even worse. I create a document, save it and when I want to open it again IT HAS DISAPEARED!!
If I have saved the file and published to PDF I can open with from the pdf file but if I have not it is GONE!!!

I installed corel x3 again but the problem does not go away. The Corel Draw x3 takes forever to load it is super slow.

I firmly believe that this problem came when i installed x6. A few people that have bought x6 says there are many problems with this program

I am not a computer fundi and please explain to me in terms that I would understand.

Can you please help me.

madsthrane

Corel makes a .BAK backup file that has the same name and is usually located in the same folder as the original file, but can also be located in the /Programs/Corel/Programs/Draw folder.

When a file is corrupted or otherwise damaged, find the .BAK file, open it, and copy it (save as) over the original corrupted file.

In case you can't restore .cdr file by the method above, you may apply https://www.repairtoolbox.com/coreldrawrepair.html CorelDraw Repair Toolbox

Good luck.