What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't reinstall Painter 2015 x64

Albannach

When I tried to start Painter 2015x64, I got an error message telling me to reinstall from the original source. When I tried that, I got a message telling me the previous installation was corrupt. So I tried to uninstall the old installation through Control Panel, and got the same message, so that didn't work either. So how do I reinstall? Thanks for any suggestions.

Albannach

I should perhaps mention that I tried uninstalling in Safe Mode, but that got me the same error message.

Albannach

Problem solved! On advice from another source, I deleted all relevant registry keys (making sure that they were for Painter 2015 and not for some other program incorporating the word "Painter"), rebooted, and was able to uninstall via Control Pane, then reinstall from the original setup file.