What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corel Painter, newly aquired, looks interesting

Rick

Hello
I'm new to the forum, and to Corel Painter.

I got a demo copy with my Wacom Art tablet recently and considering upgrading so I am exploring it.
In the 90's I used Corel PhotoPaint, and it's similar I think.

I used to paint in oils, so the Painter brushes look interesting, there's so many!!

I have been using Photoshop over the last few years, and recently working on digital paintings.
Well, I want to jump in right away with Painter, so here is what I want to do first...

I have a scene, looking at a bank with trees reflected in the water on the other side of a pond.
I want to create a sheen on the water. the way I would do this in oils is with a dry brush to streak the paint.

I am wondering what brush(s) might be suggested in Corel Paint to produce this effect?
Thanks!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Rick, this is more of a Photoshop forum but I think there are a few CP users. It may take awhile to get some responses. I hope not. Good luck.

Rick

Rick, this is more of a Photoshop forum but I think there are a few CP users. It may take awhile to get some responses. I hope not. Good luck.

Hello IamSam
Thanks for the replies. After posting I looked around and I am glad I registered, I am always ready to learn new Photoshop things
By the way... do you ever print to canvas or other heavy paper?

Have a great evening

Last edited: