What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

making color transparent?

trotsepapa

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and I'm still learning to use Corel painter, but here goes..my first question.

I've pasted an inkscape vector design into corel painter and painted something over it.
Now I want to save the whole drawing (pasted drawing, as well as the painting over it), but I want the white color in the picture to be transparent.

I don't have a clue on how to do this though, any help would be appreciated.

Withought seeing it, you could select the magic wand tool. Set the tolerance at zero, unlick contiguous, click on a white area on your picture, and see how much is selected. If it looks good, invert your selection, and copy/paste all your colors to a new layer with no white.

If the selection doesn't work for you, mess with your tolerance settings until it does.