What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drawing in Photoshop

Kekuchi

Hey y'all! I hope that drawing in ps comes under gfx design. I love photoshop, and the ability to draw with it has opened up new doors for me with regards to digital painting and gfx design. I've been drawing and using PS for about a month now, the more I use it the less I am able to move away from it :cheesygrin:. I wanted to post here over time to get an idea of what the gurus think of my amateur works and quirks :runaway::

So this is me :)
sooa444444.jpg
and its one of my first ps play-arounds :)

Last edited:

3headcat

pretty cool ( without the typical forum like pat on the back "im not saying bad things about work of others because its not nice" thing) If it’s really one of your first – good things will come your way in the future ;]
3hc

Inkz

Guru
I'm really impressed with the level your at in such a short period of time...

Keep at it and you will go far.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Very nice early effort. Not your first at drawing though! Well done.

I would pay more attention to composition and positioning. Also, get the styles and textures to mesh better. Some of your shading is sharp and painterly while other textures are soft and smoothly blended.

Very creative idea, sitting on a pencil eraser. Took me a minute to see!

Kekuchi

Thank you all so much for your support, I love this site :D
:thumbsup::yourock:

Very nice early effort. Not your first at drawing though! Well done.

I would pay more attention to composition and positioning. Also, get the styles and textures to mesh better. Some of your shading is sharp and painterly while other textures are soft and smoothly blended.

Very creative idea, sitting on a pencil eraser. Took me a minute to see!

LoL yeah:cheesygrin:, I wanted to draw a gfx tablet but a pencil is still awesome. Thank you for the tips about the shading, will definitely read more (and watch more vids) on shading dynamics in ps and the brushes to use.
And you're absolutely right Clare, I love drawing, this may have been one of the first computer-based drawing I made, but I do draw on traditional mediums (pencils and papers :p) hoping to get better at that as well :perfect:.

I was wondering, would it be better if I posted more of my work into this same thread instead of making new ones? :eek:

Kekuchi

Actually upon searching through the site, I realized there is a section for drawing and painting.
Is it possible to move this thread to that section? ;)

ibclare

Queen Bee
Sure, I didn't notice. I'll move it.

As for new post or not. People do both. I'd start a new thread myself. I'd say, most people do.

Kekuchi

latest drawing I made (with several steps in one post to avoid the clutter) :)

1- line art
cv1.jpg

2- colors :)
cv2.jpg

3- colors n detail
cv6.jpg

4- Lady in red :naughty:
cv5.jpg

5- detail2
cv9.jpg

6- final
concentrated versio11-Recovered lips.jpg

I WANT TO DRAW MORE!!!
SOMEONE GIVE ME IDEAS!!!!!!!! :runaway::runaway: (I have a few but I was wondering what ideas you guys had;))

Paul

Former Member
Very nice image, and a very nice walk through - well done.

How about doing something other than a female model - something like a dinosaur roaring or a multi coloured parrot or something, you did ask.

Jessicayla

Hoopy Frood
The color really brought her to life, so well done! I especially like the way you did her hair.

You should do a reptile next! A snake or lizard or some other scaly animal.

massy

Hey y'all! I hope that drawing in ps comes under gfx design. I love photoshop, and the ability to draw with it has opened up new doors for me with regards to digital painting and gfx design. I've been drawing and using PS for about a month now, the more I use it the less I am able to move away from it :cheesygrin:. I wanted to post here over time to get an idea of what the gurus think of my amateur works and quirks :runaway::

So this is me :)
View attachment 24278
and its one of my first ps play-arounds :)
Dear this one is best paint.I think photoshop is one of best software for design,painting and drawing also.Just need to guide some one at beginning.Update photoshop version added some more new features that's help to doing more design work.

lovely Art. Signs ft lauderdale

Last edited: