What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L-59

Jergon

Hello! I am a new here, so I am testing how to add images here...:lol:

a2.png

Jergon

Thanks...:) I would like add two more versions of this Czech airplane. I am not very solvent, so I use the cheapest instruments of all: pencil and Gimp for coloring...a1.png

Jergon

And this one - acrobat group "Happy Piggies" - is fully fictitious and any similarity with any existing blah blah blah...:)
a?.png

SPWA

Power User
So, if I understand right. You pencil draw these, then scan in, & color with Gimp. I have to say, I really like them. Awesome job.

Jergon

Thanks... :) Yes, it is the way I make it. First I paint mask and put the pencil drawing to transparent layer (so as I could later add any background I want), than I make two layers of drawing - on the top one I have only dark lines and delete as many light places as possible (I want some lines not to be covered by colors and some another I want cover). Then I have one colour layer between the draw layers and the next on the top, both with 50pc of cover or so... Of course extra layers for glasses and for oclussion, they need less pc of cover. And if necessary, a layer with 100pc for some details.

Last edited:
Lol, when I clicked this thread I expected to see an Alien landscape (as in the movie Alien) cause I was mixing it up in my head with LV-426.