1 Post(s)
    Activity
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.54%
    Achievements Gaining PopularityQualified to FreelanceSocial

Re: Airplanes

Airplanes-s-gom-png

Anyone can draw Spitfires and Camels, so I would like to make something a little bit different. I have many archive documents of non-realised aircraft projects - airplanes that never were built or were build just only as prototypes or, in the most lucky cases, they were even produced, but in less amount than suppossed and were not as succesful as planned. I would like draw at least some of them in "The Stillborn wings" line...:-)
    This one is two-seated anti-zeppelin fighter of WW1, designed in 1916 in Britain. In the year they weren't able yet to made synchronicity between gun and propeller, so the shooter was planned to have his gun on the upper wing and to shoot standing behind pilot. The only prototype of the airplane flied 10.8.1916, a ten days later crashed and project of the plane was canceled.
    Everything will go bad anyway - why to be pesimist, then?

2. Likes MrToM, gedstar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Likes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Activity
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.54%

Airplanes-cowm-png

The next SW is also British anti-zeppelin fighter, but a bit younger. In 1929 Air Minisrtry supposed that possible enemy in a next war (Germany, they found out correctly) will use the Zeppelin scouts and bombers in the first wave of invasion. They demanded a figher plane equipped with a big cannon so as it attacked Zeppelines from bellow, where they were vulnerable. Vickers airworks designed the biplane with Coventry Ordnance Works cannon. Prototype was flying first time in January 1931. It was a relatively acceptable airplane, but evolution of aircrafts progressed, so the Air Ministry did not ask this sort of fighters anymore and this plane was not produced.

4. Likes IamSam Points (Total), Argos, gedstar, chrisdesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Likes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Activity
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.83%

Could you draw Mitsubishi A6M or called Zero? It's a Japanese airplane from WWII. It was designed by Jiro Horikoshi and i am really amazed by its maneuver.

Post Thanks / Likes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Activity
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.54%

Yes, I know it very well, it's been a very nice fighter machine... I could make it, it is not bad idea, though I prefer for now planes that nobody draws/paints and almost nobody knows.

Post Thanks / Likes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Activity
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.54%

Airplanes-h-png

Well, there are many more interesting designs among SWs, but it is sooo cool for me to have a plane with The Pyramids as background...:-)
    This fighter began in late 50s in Spain, designed by Hispano Aviation and also by good nazi plane designer Messerschmitt (so the plane is sometimes called "The Last Messerschmitt"), but as the Spain started to buy airplanes rather from USA and France, the Egyptian invited the design team to Helwan to continue project for Egypt. First prototype was built and tested in summer 1966 with British engine Bristol Orpheus, then six next planes. Original Egyptian engine E-300 was prepared for production, but in 1969 was all the project suddenly canceled and the design team was forced to leave Egypt.

8. Likes IamSam Points (Total), gedstar, Eggy liked this post