What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my abstract graphics

nitea

I would like to share with you some of my abstractions. 14. fairy.jpeg17.EXTRAvaganZA.jpeg20.koo-koo.jpeg25 cherish.jpgI'm still looking for their final versions. I did some coloring as well.extravaganZa_colored copy.jpgSuper_Sonic.jpgspray color.jpgPlease share your thoughts...

Attachments

• 19.butterfly.jpeg
    19.butterfly.jpeg
    339.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 21.spray.jpeg
    21.spray.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 3

nitea

Sorry for the long thread, new to forum thing as well :redface:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Excellent work Diyana! I love them all! Very creative!

nitea

Thank you Sam, I started to draw 5 months ago as relaxing method and for now I have more then 30. Looking to upgrade myself with some drawing classes and still considering what to do with this graphs. That's the first online upload.

ibclare

Queen Bee
They are beautiful nitea. Your post of multiple pictures is not long at all and gives us a great sample of your work. Now why are you experiencing trouble with the curliques in your other work? Maybe it is learning to reproduce your creative lines in Photoshop and I think that is progressing very well.

Are these scanned drawings? The pen and ink work, if that's what it is, is stunning. I have done similar work using pen and fine point, color markers, so I know what skill and time is involved. The color shows that you have an excellent understanding of it. Maybe you studied color theory or maybe you instinctively have a knack as many do. Good stuff.

nitea

Thank you for your kind words ibclear.
Yes they are scanned and with the method that I've learned from you using the color range I separate the graph from the bg.

I draw on tracing paper it's so smooth & easy to slid the fine pen, but need to practice with the tablet i guess, the result doesn't satisfied me for now...

Where I can find some of your works ... I'm sorry if you have posted somewhere and I ask again, but the forum is huge still didn't research it all :) ....

also consider to to buy different water based markers - as some gray colors to give a try, today I was looking to some work of Marija Tiurina and she was using this markers
-
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/3YMJ8i/1eYdrQTy5:l3!@eRqQ/www.joquz.com/2058/the-companion---a1-ink-drawing

I checked the topic markers, but for now are too expensive for me, should start collecting them one by one :) or I think can directly coloring with PS.

I don't have any art education, I graduate pedagogic. Kids inspiring me most :)

Last edited:

nitea

More from my abstract world ... I try to achieve some 3 denominational look with the colored version ... 20-copy.jpgMusketarrrr copy.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
These look great Diyana. The black and whites are nice but I prefer the colored versions with the graphic backgrounds. Like the second one in post #7.

ibclare

Queen Bee
They are fantastic Diyana. I like both the colored and the B&W. Having done both myself, I know how much fun it is to vary the technique.

Most people have no idea how much time is spent getting all the colors chosen so they work together and balance out. But it is fun and satisfying and the time flies by!

nitea

They are fantastic Diyana. I like both the colored and the B&W. Having done both myself, I know how much fun it is to vary the technique.

Most people have no idea how much time is spent getting all the colors chosen so they work together and balance out. But it is fun and satisfying and the time flies by!

Yes yes yes...
and sometimes the time is not good to color or draw at all ... you''re just sitting, have the idea in your mind but nothing happens on the blank canvas ... Coloring is even worst when you mess up with colors..when it happens I know exactly how many time I spent ...but when I dive... time doesn't matter ...

nitea

Often to balance the colors I use a color chart :) Which I found really helpful!

nitea

Thank you very much Chris,
I was looking for a book which explains colors better and I found :) I draw the cat after I red about matching colors. Unfortunately the book is written only on Bulgarian and will be no use to post it.
My big challenge is to learn shading!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Diyana, I completely agree with Chris on this one. These are beautiful! The cat is spectacular and one of my favorites so far!

ibclare

Queen Bee
I love them all, though the last one does not appeal as much. Yes, the cat is "spectacular" and shows that you are letting loose with color. That's great. The more you understand about it and use it, the more dimensionality it will give. Very nice work.

nitea

Thank you Sam, thank you Clare :) I work on my C-P30 how it was one of my friends describe it and I will try to include shading...will post it after I finished it.

Thank you photoshoping. I draw by hand, using tracing paper or plain paper and fine liners, then i use scanner and Photoshop to color them.