What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pencil sketches

Paul

Former Member
All of these are from Google images, i used the image to create an outline and some inner features just for reference. I then apply my mad pencil skills to achieve the likeness for a desired finished look.
I also do these on canvas sheets stretched across frames using our over head film projector, only then i do water colour or oil sometimes.

These are all on cheap A4 paper just doodles while i watch the water jets by the pool.

goat.jpg

horse-head.jpg

rhino.jpg

The only one i would consider finished is the rams head, i have others if interested:mrgreen:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
All of these are from Google images, i used the image to create an outline and some inner features just for reference. I then apply my mad pencil skills to achieve the likeness for a desired finished look.
I also do these on canvas sheets stretched across frames using our over head film projector, only then i do water colour or oil sometimes.

These are all on cheap A4 paper just doodles while i watch the water jets by the pool.

View attachment 59275

View attachment 59276

View attachment 59277

The only one i would consider finished is the rams head, i have others if interested:mrgreen:

This is a the pencil pusher side of you we never get to see around here. Great job.... I like the shading. Bet your fingers are so messy from all that smudging you're family keeps singing "Can't Touch This"..... :cheesygrin:

Why not try doing postwork by importing the grayscale drawings into a layer in Photoshop for painting color in the same manner you color black and white images? I'm sure these will look stunning .....

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Paul

Former Member
This is a the pencil pusher side of you we never get to see around here. Great job.... I like the shading. Bet your fingers are so messy from all that smudging you're family keeps singing "Can't Touch This"..... :cheesygrin:

Why not try doing postwork by importing the grayscale drawings into a layer in Photoshop for painting color in the same manner you color black and white images? I'm sure these will look stunning .....

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

They are only doodles really Vee, but yeah i suppose they could be PS treated if anyone wants to have a go, be my guest.

Paul

Former Member
Thank you Chris, weekend doodles really.

Paul

Former Member
Incidentally the goat/rams head one i used two pencils a 4B and a 4H, to give the lines more realism.
Critiques are welcomed in any shape or form:thumbsup:

Paul

Former Member
No critiques from the ones in the know?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I like them all, but my favorite is the three legged Rhino. Lot's of great textures. The shading promotes dimension.

I also like the original Ram. The texture in the horns are fantastic. The fur is a bit monotone and flat. A little more tonal variation would have helped.

Great sketches.

Paul

Former Member
Yeah i did think to put the fourth leg in but it's not in the original so i left as is mate, i did actually give up on that drawing, i do that a lot.
But thanks for replying, alls good.