What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop painting and tutorials

Carlinsky

Hi everyone!

I recently made my first painting of a picture I took - in Photoshop. Afterwards I found out there was a rather simple way to record what I'm doing on my computer to show the process, but I was already finished unfortunately. But I made a YT-video to show the various layers I used, to make this painting in Photoshop. I would love to get some feedback on it!

Also a question:
If you watch a Photoshop tutorial clip or just any other tutorial online, what are you looking for? I'm asking this because I would like to record my next project, and I would like to make a tutorial with it. Are you looking for just quick short clips in where you can see the process, or clips that actually explain every step?

This is the painting:
ae56ef55040949.59745e2f0a53b.jpg

And this is the clip with the various layers in Photoshop:
https://youtu.be/aKcAGJHhlnI

Hope you guys like it and are willing to give some feedback!

Pipsmom

Guru
Beautiful work and I enjoyed your video very much. I'm of old school and like voice and explanations as the videos moves very fast and some might find it hard to follow, even if broken down into numerous 10 minute parts I'd like to be able to ask questions in segments ......but that just my two cents lol .......Again Fantastic Artistry :thumbsup:

Carlinsky

Thank you very much for your feedback!!

I like tutorials with voice too, but it's a little hard for me as it should best be in English and I'm Dutch :)
But perhaps it's a good idea to do it in segments. Although painting in Photoshop like I do requires only three things: Knowing where the brush tool is, the erase tool and how to add layers ! :cheesygrin:
But if more people like it with voice, I'm willing to give that a try for my next project!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Your work is good. Keep it up!

I will admit that watching that video was shocking! I think it's crazy that you used 424 layers to make your painting, LOL!!

As you can see by the active layers, I used 6 layers for this entire painting! edit: Actually only five! Layer 1 is the reference image.
A total of 20 layers with references!
Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 8.02.02 PM.png

Even if I were painting in color, I would only need a few more layers.

Is there any reason why you feel the need to have so many layers?

Carlinsky

Your work is good. Keep it up!

I will admit that watching that video was shocking! I think it's crazy that you used 424 layers to make your painting, LOL!!

As you can see by the active layers, I used 6 layers for this entire painting! edit: Actually only five! Layer 1 is the reference image.
A total of 20 layers with references!
View attachment 76505

Even if I were painting in color, I would only need a few more layers.

Is there any reason why you feel the need to have so many layers?

Haha well.... I think it was just 'easy' to be able to delete or erase every part I wanted. It is possible in one layer like an actual painting on canvas, but I think I'm not able to do that in a couple of hours. It would drive me crazy I think. But I admit, the layers could've been a lot less :)

Do you have some kind of tutorial on how you work? I'd love to see it!