What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice on letters/numbers

reeksy86

Hi All,

I hope i am posting in the right place, (new so not fully aware of all sections of site yet) I am looking for a bit of advice (or help) on completing a task i am trying to work on.

I can use photoshop for basic tasks, and along with dreamweaver produced a working website, however i am a little stumped at the moment.

I am trying to create a professional looking 'S' (used in the word Search light) although its not that simple, my vision was to turn the S into a spot light, with the light projecting across the rest of the word. I am really struggling to do this, as it past my current knowledge.

Can anyone give me any advice to creat this, (or even better produce it for me?) It is to be used as part of a new company name 'Search Light Property Auctions.

Really appreciate any help you can offer.

Cheers

Its all about layers and shadows. Ill mock something up for you when I get to my computer.

Sent from my Fortress of Solitude.

No, nothing in particular, just a professional looking one.

Yeah, very much so, i can't look as psd file as on iPhone, but will take a look in the morn, would I be able to edit or see how you produced that so I could come up with my own style?

Really appreciate your help. Been frustrating me for days!

basically, find a picture of a lamp that you like, and the S that u like. top layer is the S, second is the lamp. use lasso to make the light(2 layers) base and rays, 50% opacity on rays. using masks, mix the lamp and the S together. if ya need any other help, let me know.

Back