What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My abstracts

ibclare

Queen Bee
Inspired by recent posts, I decided I would like to post one of my favorite stream of consciousness drawings and paintings. I have three paintings but only photos of 2, till I get one of the 3rd.

Most of these were made in 2002, 2007, and around 2010. It was first an exercise to write, draw, dance, whatever while listening to various kinds of music and sound. It soon became an inspiration for me to doodle away. Here are most of my results. Some I have sold without taking pictures first.

A few I have cleaned up in photoshop, changed colors, or made into a collage.

AlienGreeting_small.jpgAlienWave.jpgBirdBeast.jpgBumbleBee.jpgcarousel.gifclown.gifDaVincisMaze.jpgDrawing Collage.jpggoddess72.gifout_on_a_stroll_2.jpgReady4Bed_2.jpgHeartsAligned_2.jpgjudge.jpgslipper_2.jpgslipper2a.jpgWarrior - Copy.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
These are great Clare! Except the first and third photo, those photos are hard on the eyes! (not the abstract) The colored ones with the white backgrounds are my favorites! Thanks for sharing!

ibclare

Queen Bee
Thanks very much Sam. And some of the drawings are poor quality photos, but it seems too hard to dig them all out now. Besides, who really cares with the number there are.

I found the 3rd painting and photographed it.

I included a pen and ink wash of my deceased husband (god bless him), and an acrylic done in 1985, not technically good, but I have always liked the emotionalism of that time in my life.

DebussysTrance.jpg

and a closeup
DebussyCloseup.jpg

PenWashWPG.jpg

TriptychSelfPortrait.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Wow Clare, you've been holding out on us! I really love the concept of the acrylic, you really should finish that one someday. I think the pen and ink wash somewhat captures the essence of your late husband. It's hard to draw character from such a sparse image but I fell I would have recognized him had I met him. He looks comfortable and laid back, perhaps he was the easy going type.

Great work Aunty.

Paul

Former Member
Trippy hippie or spaced out mind melt, either way nice effects with the brush Clare, the selfie three ways is looking good too.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Hi sorry guys. I wasn't getting notifications for this thread for days. So I just looked it up now and saw your comments. I appreciate all the feedback. IK I posted too many pics. SHould have just selected what I thought were best. But oh well, lol.

@IamSam; yep my hubbie was very laid back. Taught me to wake up happy!

@Paul; yeah I like that hippie trippie stuff. From one old hippy to another hip hip hoppy girl. At least once upon a time./ I became a yuppie for a short while but that backfired on me a few years ago during our wonderful recession. I lost everything but my home and my pickup which was paid off. SIgh, but I am recovered now, if porrer than I used to be.

@chris, I am glad you feel that I have shown you more of me. That was the idea after (was it?) nitea posted her abstract curlyque drawings.

@fotografitti. I got the idea in a class on creativity, self-expression, and business acumen of all things.I loved the idea and did many of the drawings and a couple of the paintings. I just kept the idea going so I could express myslef.

After the wildfires here in 2003 and 2007, I did a series of about 13 paintings, abstract, made with acrylic paint and pieces of bark and other natural things from the forests and high desert areas. I may have to find those photos of them and post the better ones. Not every single one maybe. Actually, I made 3 before this, years before. Just because I loved hiking in the mountains and the waters of my locale. I used them as 'before' paintings for the 'after the wildfire' series. I call that series, "Firestorm."

nitea

Wonderful drawings Clare. I love your harmonic colors and the nature materials, really original !
I'm glad that you share your art ...
One of my friends told me the now days art is the shared art!

Keep sharing your art vision :)

ibclare

Queen Bee
Thank you so much nitea. I'm glad you had a look at them. Too many I admit, but I couldn't decide which ones to post! Now I would cut them down to about half, but it doesn't matter all that much anyway. So thanks again sweetie.

Hoogle

Guru
Yeah Ok I admit it I like the abstracts from post 2 onwards a lot I would have them as art canvases in my Studio.....

ibclare

Queen Bee
Well, thank you Hoogle. I am flattered by that. If I lived next door, I'd be right over with my portfolio, lol. But since I don't, I'll have to have my people contact your people . . .