What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uploading Zip files

ibclare

Queen Bee
Hey y'all,

I split my 60+ MB rar file into 3 files less than 25 MB each.

The forum will not load it. I have done it through the simple image upload icon and also through the attachment manager.

Has anyone got any suggestions? This is my Christmas gift or maybe it will be . . . :sad:

ibclare

Queen Bee
I'll give it a shot but my cable provider is supposed to be Faaaaaaaaast.

Though what's the point of such small zips. Might as well upload single images.

Paul

Former Member
Must be MASSIVE files mate still waiting:mrgreen:

ibclare

Queen Bee
Yes, no problem. It is just a matter of whether a member trusts your file or not (I won't explain in detail unless you ask me to). Sometimes it's easiest to post an image or two and state that you have a zip file or sharing site available. Then it can be requested by someone who sees that you are serious. But it's like asking for a freebie request, sometimes a member will agree to do it and sometimes not. The same is true for opening zips or going to a file sharing site.

chrisix

Guru
I've had trouble with attachments of about 5mb myself, first attachment manager crashes, but after a few minutes, its uploaded.

However, once I tried uploading 15mb, attachment manager did the same.
So ya, cut it up smaller, or use 3rd party uploader