What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Profile Customization

MrToM

Guru
Sorry to be a nuisance but I can't for the life of me get back to customizing my profile page again.

I changed it when I first joined PSG when I didn't really know what I was doing so now I'd like to correct it but having read the FAQ about Profile customization and following the User CP link and everything I just keep going round in circles with no obvious way, to me anyway, on how to to change anything.

Maybe I missing something, I have been to sleep since I messed about with it.:redface:

Many thanks.
Regards.
MrTom.

MrToM

Guru
Hi dv8_fx,

I just can't find any link, button, icon or whatever to get to those settings to change anything......I know I changed them initially as my profile page looks awful.

If I go via FAQ > Setting and Profile Features > Profile Customization it says "via the Customize Profile" section within the "User CP".
Clicking "User CP" takes me to my Settings page but I can't see anything like "Customize Profile" anywhere.....the "settings" link under the "Settings" button just refreshes the page.

The URL ends with "usercp.php" so I guess this is the userCP but I dunno.......Am I losing the plot? lol.

I must have been there before....I remember changing background colors and text colors, which is why it looks awful.

If a screen grab would help let me know.

Many thanks.
Regards.
MrTom.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Sorry... was doing something at the other end of the PSG building.... lol ...

Go to your profile page.... the Customize My Profile link is on the right of the VM, About Me and Friends tabs .

Customize profile.jpg

MrToM

Guru
MrTom has officially lost the plot:
CORRECTION:
MrTom has officially lost his Customize My Profile button! (I don't know how I do it for the money, honestly)

profile_customize.png

No need to apologise, your response is quicker than a quick thing, and some.

Bibble.

Regards.
MrTom.

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
Oo errr.....trust me!

I have just clicked on the "Customize Profile" link from the afore mentioned FAQ > blah > blah routine and I got the "You don't have permission....etc" message.....

profile_customize_02.png

...is that any help?

I must have had permission before so I dunno.....it just doesn't like me I guess.:sad:

Regards.
MrTom.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
And try uploading a profile picture so we can see your handsome face and maybe will kick the controls back to life....

I'd love to see this settled but I have to go in a few minutes.... I'll be back in a bit and I'll jump into this mystery.....

MrToM

Guru
Hmmmm....logged out, cleared cookies, cleared cache, cleared my pants, logged in and nothing changed I'm afraid.

I've tried on another machine and same thing so I guess its a forum thang rather than a PC issue?

Don't worry about it, its not important and I'm sure there are better things you could be doing with your Saturday afternoon. If it gets sorted it gets sorted, if not it can just stay ugly.

Thanks for your speedy help, very much appreciated.

If you need anything else from me just shout, I'm here all week! lol.

Best Regards.
MrTom.

MikeMc

McGuru
bit of troubles with notifications...can't stop the emails

ibclare

Queen Bee
Oo errr.....trust me!

I have just clicked on the "Customize Profile" link from the afore mentioned FAQ > blah > blah routine and I got the "You don't have permission....etc" message.....

..is that any help?

I must have had permission before so I dunno.....it just doesn't like me I guess.:sad:

Regards.
MrTom.

vBulltin is for mods and admin. That will have to be pointed out to admin as a problem with the FAQS link. Oddly when I clicked the next link, User PC, it took me right to my profile editor.

I am surprised you aren't getting the profile settings. If you haven't already, go to forum actions>edit profile? That will take you directly to your profile editor. Or you can access it from general settings page down the lefthand column.

profilew.PNG

Hoogle

Guru
Customise Profile is not enabled with Metro themes due to the nature of the theme. As for the Dark theme I believe it is only enabled for Mods and above for now while the theme is still being worked. if a modification is made it can mess up the whole site, so this is why it needs to be tested first.

as you can see here it is supported in this theme just the permissions have not been given yet for regular members.

Capture.PNG

Hoogle

Guru
Capture.PNG

the link is their on your profile just you dont have perms to use it yet give us some time to polish the theme and its setting up and you will be able to change it soon.

MrToM

Guru
Thanks ibclare.
This is a bit complex now so please bare with me...

The original question actually related to the site before the recent changes....way back in May, so the problem was originally with the 'old' PSG Dark style/theme/layout whatever.

Now, having that said, I still don't have that button to customize my profile page BUT:

A. I don't really need it now anyway, the new style totally replaces the old so my profile page now looks ok again...better in fact.
B. I have no idea if that 'customize' button is still in the PSG Dark 2.0 style...it may have been removed....I dunno.
C. If I should have it then I still have the same problem but now with the new style...
D. I wish there was an easier way to explain it.

Are you now saying I should have that 'Customize' button?
Is it also in the new PSG Dark 2.0 style?

As the new site is still under development I've not ventured any further with this....ooooooo....hang on......

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!....the new site features are proving their worth already...... Hoogle has just explained it!

Forget all that ibclare, thanks anyway.

I'll have to thank Hoogle here too, since I've read his post before posting this one!
Thanks Hoogle.

Regards.
Confused of England.

MrToM

Guru
...the link is their on your profile just you dont have perms to use it yet...

There it is! That's the little blighter thats been avoiding me like a bad smell!

I knew it existed!
I just knew it!
It wasn't a dream Toto......
...there's no place like home...

ANNOUNCEMENT:
MrTom has officially lost the plot.....it went AWOL with a 'customize' button some time ago.

Bibble.

Nurse, the screens!