What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with PSG!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For me, in the past 4 days, PSG has been shutting down at least 2 times per day that I'm aware of.

The shutdowns are lasting about 20 to 30 minutes and I get the 'server is not responding' messages.

Just wanted to know if anyone else may be having the same issues.

Thanks.

Tom Mann

Guru
FWIW, I probably haven't been on as much as you, but I've had one "outage" (20 or so minutes, like yours) during each of the past two days.

T

iDad

Guru
tried to get on 4 times today (probably between 7am and 12pm, this is the
first time it loaded

Today, about 3 hours ago I was busy in the forum posting an image. Then suddenly PSG froze. Couldn't load the site for 1 hour.
Now it's back to normal despite light snowfall.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Had outages yesterday morning and last evening. In addition could not get it to come up this morning. It was down at 9:20 am CT and up 15 minutes later. Off and on previous days.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Same here and thought it was only me. But I started experiencing it 2 days ago. And on that day when I finally got in, Hoogle was the only person in the forum... LOL.

I wonder if this continuous snowstorm in the forum is a contributing factor.... :cheesygrin::rofl:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It has to be the.............dandruff...........isn't that what you called it dv8? :rofl:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
But on a serious note..... It may have something to do with the forum's server providers like it did last time. The forum's actual server drives were recently upgraded with a more robust setup. So it has to be the VB service providers.

We'll monitor the frequency of this happening and see if it clears in a few days.

MrToM

Guru
I would have answered earlier but I couldn't get on the site.

Been on and off all day and has been for a few days now.........sometimes for hours, sometimes for minutes......completely random.

Regards.
MrTom.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Guys....

I could be wrong and it may have been purely coincidental but I was experiencing this connection problem to the site last night and earlier on today.

But I managed to enter the forum via forum's old front page ..... http://www.photoshopgurus.com.

In both instances I got in. This morning , I was the only one in the forum but moments later other's were popping in.

If you're having connection issues, try it and tell about it here.......

MikeMc

McGuru
I was told "Solar flare ups " will give most dish signals issues....That does create problems for most broadband users, if your local service is dished in...A quick call to your local provider will let you know. I had the issue in spot outages over the last month or so....just enough to....Then I look at my performance monitor......:banghead:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have been having problems with posting replies, especially those containing images.

Anyone else having problems?

MrToM

Guru
Yep....for some time now.

Sometimes the site is just completely unusable...

MARY-2015-03-14-[2].png

Sometimes I don't even get that far....I get the usual 'Server Not Found' message.

When it does work, images do not display (that did before), avatars do not show, posts from me get corrupted and posts from others go missing.

Quick reply areas also get corrupt as do 'reply with quote'.....still usable but no icons.

Win7 x64
Firefox 36.0.4 (Default)
Waterfox 36.0.4
Chrome 41.0.2272.118 m (Has failed when tested, although not as often.)

Regards.
MrTom.

MrToM

Guru
Hi Steve,

That image is an extreme example and to be honest its only done that once more since I took that screen shot.(2 weeks ago)

Knowing there has been work done on the site is very useful....I may just need to have a good clear out at my end now and see if it improves.

Is there a way to get feedback on problems that have been addressed so that they can be tested on the 'user' side of things?

Its awkward to know if something should be reported when we don't know what is already on the 'to-do' list.....nobody likes to be continually told of the same issue, especially if its already been looked at, but without feedback how are we to know?

I'll have a clear out, (although I never use any caching anyway but...), and see what happens.

Strangely, in the past hour things already look better on my other machine, everyones avatar is showing and its only given me the 'Server Not Found' message once.

Fingers crossed this post goes through ok too.

Thanks again for your feedback....invaluable.

Regards.
MrTom.